1.    #1  
    *** RESOLVED ***

Lets say I am out and about and I need a Walgreens or WalMart or maybe a particular food place .. What I currently do is type the name of the place I want, my universal search comes up and I select google maps, and it finds the nearest requested place for me .. great!

Unless I happen to have that name stored in my contacts. I use walgrees/walmart pharmacies, I eat out A LOT and have many restaurants stored in my contacts and so what happens is the contact comes up, and away goes the universal search options ..

Is that just the way it works, is there some way around this, could a patch be made to keep the contact AND the search options open for selection??

Thanks!!

~ pixielee
    Last edited by pixielee; 08/31/2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: question was answered
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    per our PreCentral Tip section: http://www.precentral.net/universal-...ended-searches

to quote it:
    But what happens if you want to do one of these "extended searches", but your search found a match for a Contact or Application? Simply tap on the top "Find…" row where your search term is listed and the additional options will appear. In the example below, you can see that a search for "webos internals" initially found a contact, but tapping on the top "Find…" row extended the search options available to you. To hide those search options, just tap on that "Find…" row again.
    does that help?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  3.    #3  
    YAY YEEES THANK YOU!!! I tried a search for the answer but obviously didnt use the correct "search terms" to find that tip!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    YAY YEEES THANK YOU!!! I tried a search for the answer but obviously didnt use the correct "search terms" to find that tip!
    yea..check out precentral.net/tips (or m.precentral.net/tips from your phone) for our tip of the day... we have only been doing it for a few months so still lots of good stuff to come, but we have a TON of great tips there (if i may say so myself!)

and if you find any good tips, please suggest some (see my sig for details)
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work: