Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    After 13 months of ownership, I recently overclocked my Pre. Wow is all I can say but the question I have is this:

Does overclocking have a huge effect on the battery when its idle? Common sense says it will effect it a bit but to drain an idle Pre 10% per hour seems a bit much, no?

Any help would be appreciated!

PS: I have 2 email accoints set at 1hr and 15 min and have no apps that are constantly polling.....just for reference.

Thanks!!
    I dont believe it should have much of an effect at idle. The one thing i do now that is incredible for battery life is download the patch that ads the data connection to the tool bar or whatever. with no data on in places with bad service i am amazed at the battery life. the data while at idle is really what sucks it dry.
    since I oc to 1g last week,my battery life when idle is great. It drains 2 percent an hour when idle. I have my emails set to manual.
    It depends on what settings you are using. If you are using the UberKernel with screenstate for example, you can set the minimum to 125 or 250MHz. You can also try the conservative govenor with similar settings.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    @vza33 ; I am using the Uberkernal.....how would I set the minimum numbers as you suggested. Sorry......not the techiest person around.........
    Open Govnah and tap on the current profile you are using. At the top there should be a bar that says Advanced Settings, tap that and go to CPU Frequency. Adjust to the settings you want and then tap Apply Settings on the bottom. Swipe back and tap Save As New Profile (which you can name whatever you wish), tap save and you're done.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    ...i get better battery life & snappiness using UK performance 1ghz...google "race to idle"...results vary between devices...i never liked screenstate and the wiki says not to use ondemand...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    I'm using the screenstate profile with 0.5/1Ghz.

Battery life is pretty much unchanged in my experience.
    Due to screenstate it is at 500 MHz most of the time anyway.
    And when it runs at 1 GHz the higher energy cost seems to be compensated by the task finishing faster so the phone can get back to idle.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5