1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,

New to the Palm Pre, just picked it up last week. This is my first cell phone and I really like it. I decided to pull the trigger once Bell started the $15 off the bill offer. Anyways, glad I found this site, on to my question:

I am noticing that once a day, the phone shuts off. Now it shuts off the same way everytime, I'll be using the phone in the open position, and when I slide it shut, the phone turns off immediately. I don't push any buttons or anything it just turns off and will not turn back on again. My battery is always charged. To resolve, I hold the power button to do a soft reset and it starts back up and I go about my day. This is happening once a day, everyday. I tried searching for this particular probelm and couldn't find anything. The first couple days I had the phone, It only had webos 0.0.1 and this did not happen. Once I updated to 1.4.5, it started happening daily.

Sorry for the long thread, anyone experience this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    the battery is loose, put a slip of card or folded paper so the battery fits snugly, what's happening is when you shut the slider the battery loses connection
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the quick help on this. I'll try the fix tonight. I guess I should be more direct with my wording when it comes to searches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marlboro_man View Post
    Thanks for the quick help on this. I'll try the fix tonight. I guess I should be more direct with my wording when it comes to searches!
    Also try using Advanced Search and "Search Titles Only". I've found that I get much better results that way, rather than trying to wade through a mountain of individual posts.
    sprint in USncame out with spacers for the battery compartment that fixed the problem. you might see if your carrier has the same. basically a small piece of foam for the battery to fit snug.