1.    #1  
    I can not get my phone to play my music files. I have windows 7 and every song is in CDA form. How do I convert it to mp3 or something. I just got a replacement phone and now I cant get my music back on there. I am angered that palm is no help. Couldn't even find an email address to contact them. Please help
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/31/2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Tone it down a notch and keep it PG-13 please
    There are several sites you can go to that will convert your audio/video files for you. Try googling audio converter and you should be able to find something that works for you. I've never even heard of CDA, but I'm on Vista, not 7.
    A .cda file stores the location of the track on a compact disk. It does not store any music data.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I found a decent converter on CNET.com in the downloads section. I think it was called anyconverter.

Anyway it was free and works well.

But as Ryley pointed out, you won't get any audio out of the .cda file. I have Windows 7 on my laptop and haven't seen this issue. All of my audio files appear to be the proper format (AAC, MP3, WMA, WAV, etc.).
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Windows 7 - CD to webOS compatible audio file:

Rip music from a CD
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/31/2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    rip your music to your computer and use real player to sync it to the pre
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the input guys. I dont know why my windows 7 makes everything a cda file and not mp3. None the less I am downloading a free converter right now. Fingers crossed its going to work!
    Thanks again guys!
    What if you rename the .cda to .mps or .wma?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys. I dont know why my windows 7 makes everything a cda file and not mp3. None the less I am downloading a free converter right now. Fingers crossed its going to work!
    Thanks again guys!

This may seem like a silly question but are you just copying and pasting the files from the CD? If so that will not work and is why you are getting .cda files. You have to use something like iTunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp, RealPlayer etc. to rip your music from your CD. Each of those programs will rip your music to the audio file type of your choosing MP3, AAC, WMA etc. And each of those types are fully compatible with your Pre.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups