1.    #1  
    Hi everyone!

I have a problem. Im trying to install a boot logo on my pre, but it isnt working. I downloaded an ipk from prethemer.com on my computer and try to install it via QuickInstall. It does install and i can prove that becuase i checked the 'installed packages' folder in Preware and it says its there, so i reboot and check, but its just the same old glowing 'palm' logo. I thought it might be a problem with the ipk, so i used a different ipk, still no luck. Please help, its quiet fustrating!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by hammyfart View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have a problem. Im trying to install a boot logo on my pre, but it isnt working. I downloaded an ipk from prethemer.com on my computer and try to install it via QuickInstall. It does install and i can prove that becuase i checked the 'installed packages' folder in Preware and it says its there, so i reboot and check, but its just the same old glowing 'palm' logo. I thought it might be a problem with the ipk, so i used a different ipk, still no luck. Please help, its quiet fustrating!

Thanks!
    Boot logo > Tools> Tweaks > Styling mod = Boot logo install. (WebosQI)
    Ps. You don't need prethemer for boot logo.
    Good luck.
    I personally just use themes and only load them via Preware. They all have their own boot logos and with 2000 + themes pretty happy with the selection. (Preware is installed via webOSQI
    find the two boot logo pics you want . ( I believe they must be png files. ) open webOS with phone connected they go into tools tweaks and then styling mods . Then check the boot logo box . You should be able to figure out the rest.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    Oh thank you Shadavis, in prethemer.com, i just chose the .xip file instead nad it did have two png's in it! Thanks!
    the thanks button works too lol your welcome !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    How add Boot Logos and Change Themes for a Palm Pre

First, it must noted that I am running the following software as it appears that earlier versions of the WebOS or the WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI) resulted in what I felt a more straight forward method to install Boot Logos. In earlier versions of the WebOS a folder on the Pre could be viewed by connecting the Pre to my PC. This folder now seems to have gone away or has been replaced in the latest version of WebOS (v1.4.5). The drag & drop procedure that I previously used after the Pre was put into USB mode seems no longer doable. It turns out that Boot Logos are now put into a folder named “.develop” though I have now tried to drag & drop into that folder. I allow WOSQI to install them once I have selected the appropriate *.ipk file. Though I have read recommendations to copy the respective *.png to my Pre to install a Boot Logo this method of install has not worked for me. After I bring the *.png file to my Pre I can use them as wallpaper. FYI I use the following software:
    WebOS v. 1.4.5
    WOSQI v. 3.02
    Preware v. 1.3.8

Installing Themes
    I start with this since this is very simple once you have installed Preware to you phone. The steps to loading Preware I will not go into since it is extensively covered on sites such precentral.net and over the web as yielded by a Google search. Now having Preware installed on you Pre or Pixi it is a matter of initiating the app and then allowing Preware to load. Once the app completes loading it will show various patches, themes and apps that you can load directly. Just click and install and once you reset Luna (restart Pre/Pixi) you are in business with a new theme. Note: if you have managed to install a theme previously by some method then it will have to be removed prior to installing the new theme. Only one theme at a time!

Installing Boot Logos
    This is a bit more complicated since they are not directly loadable from Preware. First find the Boot Logo you like at a site such as prethemer.com and go on the download the *.ipk file to your PC. Don’t download the *.png files as I have not been able to install these files as Boot Logos since I upgraded to WebOS 1.4.5.
    Once the *.ipk is saved to a location on your computer you are ready to install. First put you Pre/Pixi in Development mode (DevMode enabled). I have added this app icon (the patch) on my Pre so that I can start this mode without having to through the up/down right/left shortcut that invokes this mode. Too many buttons to push! After the phone reboots you can connect the phone to PC and select “charge only” and then start the WOSQI. Once you start this app (*.jar) you will be able to use the drop down menu within WOSQI which allows you to add a file. The previously saved file which has an “ipk” extension should appear on your screen and then you can click “install” from WOSQI. After a few minutes your done. Exit the program. Unhook your Pre/Pixi. If you phone has not restarted during this process then restart it manually and you should have a new Boot Logo image once the restart is completed.