1.    #1  
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root# crontab -l
    crontab: chdir(/var/spool/cron/crontabs): No such file or directory
    Any help please? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    crontab fails because there is no /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory. It looks like the cron daemon isn't actually installed. cron isn't running and I don't see the cron command anywhere (/usr/sbin/cron on debian) and no cron things in /etc. I'm surprised they included crontab when cron isn't there.
    You can! This was in a post by me way back in January detailing the steps to get crontab up and running (at that time it was for time syncing -- glad that problem is gone now).

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2156476

I assume since you are asking about crontab you know how to setup jobs in it, the example on the link above is for ntpdate, but any shell job should work just fine.

Note the caveat at the bottom of that post linked above. I did not make crond start at startup. It just wasn't that important to me, but if you are having real cron jobs running, you probably want to investigate having crond started at boot time.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks very much for all your help, I just want to list the schedule tasks and sometimes add sth to it.