Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I switched to the Evo after so many Pres of mine failed I never realized how great the WebOS and Precentral community was until I switched and saw how many others were really sad to see there Pre go but couldn't wait any longer for the WebOS 2.0 devices. It's actually a sad thing.
    The main things I miss about my Pre is WebOS, Preware and the WebOS/Precentral community.
    Samsung A900> HTC Touch (Vogue)> Palm Pre> HTC Hero> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> HTC Evo 4G White
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I agree I have the evo, stock. Evo vs palm pre with overlook 1g is way better. I like the compas map feature of evo, but I miss the true multitasking and unsurpassed sync ability of the pre. One palm has something with 8mp dual camera, I am hoping back to palm. I loved how easy is it to patch and do overcklocks on the pre. I have yet to root my evo, but on the pre that process is soo much easier.
    I don't have to download much to just start mods on the pre. But for evo I have to download 4 things. I am really praying someone can drop webOS in the evo or palm brings out something comparable or better than the evo.
    You'll be back!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    did you say POSSIBLY the geatest?

I would say DEFINITELY...
    P|C rocks. before i bought the Pre, i had an opportunity to purchase the Incredible. bought the Pre cause of this community knowing the Pre was inferior spec wise.
    Their
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    PreCentral is the greatest community in the SmartPhone World. I personally have learned so much more about my "Palm Pre" from this community since I purchased it last year. This is the main reason I remain "loyal" to the Palm WebOS platform because of the insight I gain from this community, the quality of WebOs apps, HP/Palm's customer support, and the common bond we all share as Palm smartphone owners. Besides, soon the next generation of Palm WebOS smartphones will arrive along with WebOS 2.0, and so much more. Thanks and continued success to everyone here. Peace.
    Webos... Rocks!
    Definitely the greatest community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    did you say POSSIBLY the geatest?

I would say DEFINITELY...
    I agree -- DEFINITELY (but I would change Preware to "webOS Internals"). It it weren't for those three, I would have been over to Android a while ago. Now, let's get some decent hardware to go along with those three listed in the thread title!!!
    Without question PreCentral and everything that comes with it is has added a dimension to this phone that makes it all a beautiful work in progress. The moderators, and everyone else have made my Pre more than just a phone. A gadzillion thanks to all - HUZZAH!
    the thing that im almost more excited about than the release of the next weos device and 2.0 is to read about the nerdgasms that are going to explode onto this website haha. im on here all the time, u guys are great. like many of you, i to have stuck it out with the pre even thought all these ridic phones are being released. its a fun phone to use and def does all i need it to do. are we really getting much more outta a new phone than what we get out of our pres? not really. not enough for me to want to go spend a couple hundo. imma stick it out with all of you, cuz we know that the next weos phone is gunna drop a big steamy load all over the competition.
    My wife has an EVO. She is definitely a non-techie, so I have to "support" it. That means I have done a long of hanging around over on Android Central. It is definitely a different "vibe" over there. While there are many people willing to jump in and answer your questions and help you with issues, I just get this feeling of a "fractured" community there -- something I don't see here.

Perhaps it is because there are so many hardware choices that it often seems hardware is more important that OS, instead of here I think it is definitely OS more important than hardware (come on HP, better hardware!!).

The webOS internals guys/gals, Jason R, etc. This phone and os would have been sunk into a footnote in history had it not been for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchmasta View Post
    the thing that im almost more excited about than the release of the next weos device and 2.0 is to read about the nerdgasms that are going to explode onto this website haha. im on here all the time, u guys are great. like many of you, i to have stuck it out with the pre even thought all these ridic phones are being released. its a fun phone to use and def does all i need it to do. are we really getting much more outta a new phone than what we get out of our pres? not really. not enough for me to want to go spend a couple hundo. imma stick it out with all of you, cuz we know that the next weos phone is gunna drop a big steamy load all over the competition.
    ha, he said nerdgasm. he he.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    I don't recall how I stumbled upon this site originally, probably back in Jan/Feb of this year when I got my Pre. I heard all the hype about consumer choice award winner and what have you. I got my phone from the store and was pretty excited about it, for a week or so (also prior to the vid-cam update, I think 1.4?). Then I got iPhone envy, partially due to the fact that my first phone was unable to install Preware, for whatever reason (probably operator error), and secondly, due to the fact of needing to make phone calls right away, skipped all the tutorials, and forgot they were there... was a frustrating 2 months of just having to figure out the phone myself. After the 2 months were over, and all my contacts stopped getting 'pocket-called', I started liking my phone again, although was fairly disappointed that I couldn't Homebrew. My phone broke, got a replacement, and again I tried to Homebrew, and it worked first time... My life changed forever, and any traces of iPhone envy I had, quickly left. This phone is probably the greatest phone I've ever owned (my first smartphone so really not much to compare to) and the community here is great. If not for Pre|Central, webOS-internals, Canuck Software, I'm sure I wouldn't have such great feelings for my phone. Especially true now that I've Pre-Doctored(drum crash) my phone in anticipation of my new one arriving today or tomorrow, it truly makes me appreciate the work they've put into making our phone GREAT, because at a stock/factory setting, it is almost deplorable. So here I sit, waiting, waiting, waiting for the mailman to bring me my new phone, I can't wait to 'Brew it up ... not to mention get that InvisiShield on as soon as I get this one
    I absolutely agree with you Mikey47!! I think all the enhancements made by ALL the folks at Internals, the contributions of Precentral community members, coupled with the nostalgic affection many of us have for Palm as a superior but yet, unrecognized phone manufacturer, has undoubtedly left Web OS afloat. My wife grumbled about my passion for Palm devices and always felt that I should try other devices. Two things happened: She realised my passion for Web OS failed in comparison to Pre Central members. Secondly, she loves that she now has a Palm Pre and wonders what she found fascinating with her blackberry. I can't wait for what's to come.
    I've played with the Evo for x-amount of days and I just didn't like Android. Also, I had games lag on me on the Evo. That was far more disturbing to me (Maybe it was the games themselves that were the issue). The hw of the Evo is very nice but Android still seemed clunky to me. Hw rocked, OS, not so much. WebOS is just a cleaner, more intuitive OS (universal search, sync abilities, multitasking ease).

The WebOS community rocks for sure! Jason R (WebOS Guru), Rod & the Preware guys and the rest of the community are just awesome. They're the reason I still have my Pre.

I'm still running with my Pre (patched, overclocked, etc) and I'm happy with it. Do I want new hw? Absolutely. I know the wait is coming to an end soon. The new Palm device with WebOS 2.0 is rounding 3rd and being waved home. I'm ready to buy me some new HP/Palm hw. The money is burning a hole in my pocket!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I've been doin PDAs and smartphones since the Palm Pilot days and worked in IT that long as well. I have never seen a community of users and homebrewers work so well, and have the support of the manufacture. It's really incredible! I think ALL the folks in the biz need to look close at how well this all works and the benefits it provides to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    The webOS internals guys/gals, Jason R, etc. This phone and os would have been sunk into a footnote in history had it not been for them.
    Truest... statement....evar! Seriously dead on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I agree -- DEFINITELY (but I would change Preware to "webOS Internals"). It it weren't for those three, I would have been over to Android a while ago. Now, let's get some decent hardware to go along with those three listed in the thread title!!!
    True!!!

But let's not leave out out friendly neighbor to the north - Canuck Software and Jason R!!! Not a member of the webOS Internals team but a awesome developer too.

EDIT - Saw you got him in your comments already - I need to learn how to read
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast