Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This just started happening tonight, I don't know what's going on (I might have to bring it to the Sprint Store tomorrow, so I uninstalled Govnah and stuff so my warranty doesn't get voided). Has anyone else had this happen, and if they had, is there anything to do besides getting a new handset? I'd like to not have to pay another $100 for a new handset...
    it's either your headset jack is messed up or front earpiece ..
    you are stuck in headset mode. if a battery pull doesn't solve it, call your carrier's support department. They will have you try a couple of things, and then send you a replacement if they can't get it unstuck.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Try placing a call, then putting some headphones into the headphone jack and removing them. Try it a few times. If it doesn't solve your problem, it may be the earpiece.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Yeah...I had this happen to me before...all I did was plug my headphones in and take them out and it seemed to fix it...it was like the phone forgot that I took them out for a while...
    It was either that or something else but I can't remember the something else at the moment...

[EDIT:] wow...i managed to fall behind 2 other people...
    Quote Originally Posted by jenwilly View Post
    This just started happening tonight, I don't know what's going on (I might have to bring it to the Sprint Store tomorrow, so I uninstalled Govnah and stuff so my warranty doesn't get voided). Has anyone else had this happen, and if they had, is there anything to do besides getting a new handset? I'd like to not have to pay another $100 for a new handset...
    Here you go:http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html

Ps. Don't worry you won't void your warranty.
    your phone is stuck in headset mode. You can try to download the ghastly headset (which will allow you to force it out of headset mode). search for it and you'll find it
    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. There are several threads on this topic and I read them all and tried what everyone said - and nothing worked. Then I read a post by someone who said, simply blow into the audio plug hole. I tried it. It worked! Give it a try, it might dislodge whatever is down there, a piece of lint or dusdt perhaps.
    It is definitely a headset mode issue. Try blowing into the audio blog hard this worked for me ! Stick something small like a qtip to get whatever is in there out
    e-cigs saved my life
    your phone is stuck in headset mode.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    it happens last night that speakers of my phone stop working...i can't listen nothing...please anybody tell me why this happens..
    This happens cause the Pri's ear piece jack is mechanically flawed. You can play with all the suggestions offered by the group. Some of them work for a short while but it will continue to drive you nuts. Get your phone replaced. It's the only real, permanent fix.
    Last edited by matthewj318; 08/31/2010 at 05:16 AM.
    If it got wet, it could have shorted out.
    It was the cat.
    Just replace the headphone jack its not a hard at all took me 5 min but then again i have about 10 Pre's Laying around the house lol
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI