1.    #1  
    So, my phone is not playing sounds for videos, games, music, etc. I do get the notification for text messages. Haven't had a call lately, so I don't know if that's working. All my system sounds are on and I've tried taking the battery out and restarting. I'm past my 30 day return period, but can I still take my phone into Verizon or do I have to deal directly with Palm now?
    I haven't had any issues with my Pre yet but with my LG Env with Verizon even past the 30 day return I always called VZ they would troubleshoot (be sure and call from another phone) and if it couldn't be fixed they would overnight me a replacement since my phone still had the 1 yr manufacturers warranty.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 08/30/2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typo
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    verizon is your answer.
    always start with the carrier. And I recommend you call support, rather than going in to the store where they use contract techs.
    your headset mode is stuck. Ssearch for the ghastly headset on these forums. They have instructions to unstick it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    your headset mode is stuck. Ssearch for the ghastly headset on these forums. They have instructions to unstick it.
    Thanks for the tip...never had this problem before. However, I just got back from the Verizon store and they are sending me a new phone. I did a full reset in the store and sounds still didn't work, so they're gonna send me one. Should have my new Pre on Wednesday. On the plus side, maybe my new one will be one of the rare ones with functional GPS.
  7.    #7  
    just did the toggling of the mute switch though and that seemed to fix it for now. oh well...new one on the way!
    Verizon always works for me...
    there's an app for the gps fix. Mine works perfectly since I installed it.