1.    #1  
    I currently have a sprint pre which has developed cracks from the charge port onto the screen, and the bottom left corner into the gesture area. Due to the fact my headphone port is loose and I'm afraid to plug it into my computer because it may spread the rack from that area I am thinking of replacing it. I have insurance but 100 bucks is a LOT considering I am a college student. Advice?
    you should pick whichever is the least risky for the money you can afford. you may even find people on the marketplace forum here trying to sell their Pre's.

Also, when is your upgrade date? You might be able to use an upgrade to save some money.

Also, if the cracks aren't preventing the touch screen from working, you might try putting a skin (zagg, skinomi, etc) over it as a way of reinforcing the screen. there are a few other threads around here where people discussed using epoxy to prevent a crack from spreading - if you are feeling adventurous to try that.

and remember, $100 is the same as skipping your daily latte at starbucks for a month.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    you should pick whichever is the least risky for the money you can afford. you may even find people on the marketplace forum here trying to sell their Pre's.

Also, when is your upgrade date? You might be able to use an upgrade to save some money.

Also, if the cracks aren't preventing the touch screen from working, you might try putting a skin (zagg, skinomi, etc) over it as a way of reinforcing the screen. there are a few other threads around here where people discussed using epoxy to prevent a crack from spreading - if you are feeling adventurous to try that.

and remember, $100 is the same as skipping your daily latte at starbucks for a month.
    Thanks ill look into those ideas! And I dont drink starbucks xD (although I get your point)
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I currently have a sprint pre which has developed cracks from the charge port onto the screen, and the bottom left corner into the gesture area. Due to the fact my headphone port is loose and I'm afraid to plug it into my computer because it may spread the rack from that area I am thinking of replacing it. I have insurance but 100 bucks is a LOT considering I am a college student. Advice?
    What about your one year warranty?...didnt even hear you mention that...
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I have insurance but 100 bucks is a LOT considering I am a college student. Advice?
    What's the point of having insurance if you aren't going to use it?

Sure, you could pick one up on Ebay or Craigslist, but it's a gamble, you never know what you are getting.

I recently replaced mine via insurance and figured I'd get a refurb, but it was a brand new Pre.

Sure, $100 is a lot for a college student but just skip a weekend of bar hopping and you should have enough.