1.    #1  
    One of the PalmCast guys mentioned his car mounted TS has been modified with stronger than stock magnets.

1. I don't remember which guy it was or I would just PM him.

2. If he happens to see this, where can I get that mod done?

3. I purchased some additional tiny rare earth magnets to modify my stock TS back to have a stronger hold based on Sburblaw's 2600 back modifications but there isn't enough of a gap between the stock TS back and the insides of the phone.

My intention is to mount a TS on my Harley and am hoping a significantly increased magnetic hold will prevent it from bouncing off while traveling down the road. Modifiying the TS will allow me to use future TS compatible devices without modding their backs.

Any answers to #1 and #2 would be appreciated.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Kieth Newman had his TS modified. Thats who said it.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    Kieth Newman had his TS modified. Thats who said it.
    Thank you! Do you know his username here?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks B33 but his magnet mod for the extended back won't fit inside of the stock back, there isn't enough room.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Thanks B33 but his magnet mod for the extended back won't fit inside of the stock back, there isn't enough room.
    I guess you just have to glue some metal into your cover, and then duct tape a bunch of magnets around the outside of your touchstone...

I've had no issues of the stock TS holding the pre in my car, but if I was on a bike, I'm pretty sure I'd keep it in my pocket. If I needed to charge it, I'd connect an external battery. I do that sometimes on airplanes. Connect an external USB charger to the phone and throw them in my bag during the flight.

have you looked in to that holster that has a battery built in to charge? Maybe you could mount that? Dunno, I'm sure you have a case on your phone so that wouldn't fit without major mods.

Or velcro?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    I keep my pre plus on a stock touchstone in my car and I have never had it slide off. The touchstone is mounted upside down in a vertical surface with double sided tape and works great.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  8.    #8  
    Thanks B33 and Pre!

@ B33

I have a good external power pack that I have connected and charged my Pre from with it in my saddle bag. But really what I'm after is the ability to connect my audio system and use my Pre for music and Nav while riding.

@ Pre

My car TS is mounted similarly but mine has been jarred loose many times from an unseen hard bump in the road. In the car it's no big deal, on the Harley it would be disaster for my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Thank you! Do you know his username here?
    his twitter account is theKiethNewman
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    his twitter account is theKiethNewman
    Thanks Payne!
    Please pass along the details for the mod if you get them! I was thinking about doing it myself. I also was curious about how to directly wire the touchstone to the car. There has to be a step down or something i would assume.
  12.    #12  
    I found him on Twitter but it is theKeithNewman

Of course I don't tweet, so I created an account. Now how do I msg him? Sorry for the Noob tweet question. I was doing it from my Pre. It might be more obvious from a PC?
    @theKeithNewman then your message should get to him then look on your "wall" and wait for something that says @yourname
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?