1.    #1  
    I just noticed tonight that my Pre Plus no longer makes the cool little swiping noise when I throw a card away. Is there some setting I can change?
    Is the mute button on top active?...And check your system sounds to see if its down.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    on the sounds and ringtone app make sure systems sound is on and the slider volume reight below it adjusts how loud the sound is...
  4.    #4  
    Checked sounds and ringtones. System Sounds is on and volume is set to high. All other sounds/alerts/rings work fine.
    also,you won't hear them sounds if you are stuck in head set mode.
    If every other sounds are working fine. Then I recommend a (Hard Reset)Batt Pull. It might just be a glitch in the sound system.
    Hope that work. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    If every other sounds are working fine. Then I recommend a (Hard Reset)Batt Pull. It might just be a glitch in the sound system.
    Hope that work. ^_^
    Rush's famous battery pull lol.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    RL's famous battery pull lol.
    Yep! In his case.. It's needed. ^_^ Note: I go by RL now. :-D
    if you have virtual keyboard installed that might be the problem.i lost the swipe sound until i uninstalled it.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I just noticed tonight that my Pre Plus no longer makes the cool little swiping noise when I throw a card away. Is there some setting I can change?
    The volume of the "swiping noise" is just too low, even with System Sounds set to the maximum, I can barely hear it.
    ... Is there a patch to change the swipe sound? I sometimes forget that it is there too, but when my headphones are on, it's definitely there.
    I don't remember which patch it was, but I know someone else mentioned that the sound disappeared when they installed a certain one. Uninstalling the patch fixed it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    As a workaround, you can always make the swoosh sound yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I don't remember which patch it was, but I know someone else mentioned that the sound disappeared when they installed a certain one. Uninstalling the patch fixed it.
    its the virtual Keyboard Patch as i said above
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    its the virtual Keyboard Patch as i said above
    i have the virtual keyboard and it does break the system sounds but with a device reset it comes back. maybe thats just me
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    When I loose the "swoosh" sound I also loose my ringer and alarm. I've had this problem numerous times and have had to pull the battery to fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    As a workaround, you can always make the swoosh sound yourself!
    You know, I honestly figured this is what you guys were doing and that you were just kinda losing it. Until I went into the sound app and remembered that I'd turned off system sounds on day one so I'd never encountered this. Put me down for a *whoosh!*
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i have the virtual keyboard and it does break the system sounds but with a device reset it comes back. maybe thats just me
    yes it does come back with a reset but when you use the virtual keyboard next it will disappear once more