1.    #1  
    The touch screen automatically clicks around randomly. This all happened in one night, and I honestly have no idea why this is happening.

It looks exactly like what happened here:

This sort of problem happened only once in the last one year, and that time it only lasts for like one or two minutes. But this time it has been two days. I can barely do anything on my pre now. Anybody else experiencing the same issue?
    did you pull the battery?
    It's sad to see this happen to one of our own.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    did you pull the battery?
    Yes I did try that, twice.

Nothing helps so far. And the good news is that I got this pre on Aug 27th, 2009. So if the warranty is 1 year, I think I just missed it. I am still looking for details on manufacture's warranty policy.
    Do you have a screen protector on it? This has happened to some when they got really dirty and oily, removing the screen protector and doing a good cleaning has helped.

Otherwise, mine sometimes does this if it overheats, has your been heating up, at all?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Do you have a screen protector on it? This has happened to some when they got really dirty and oily, removing the screen protector and doing a good cleaning has helped.

Otherwise, mine sometimes does this if it overheats, has your been heating up, at all?
    I don't have any protectors on my pre. And about over-heating issue, it is what I thought at the first time. But I pulled out the battery for a while and turn back on, the issue remains....
    Or a third-party charger...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Or a third-party charger...
    -_- ... original charger + touchstone....

I still can't believe I am this lucky... the issue came right after the day I lost my warranty...
    Quote Originally Posted by chancekang View Post
    The touch screen automatically clicks around randomly. This all happened in one night, and I honestly have no idea why this is happening.

It looks exactly like what happened here:

This sort of problem happened only once in the last one year, and that time it only lasts for like one or two minutes. But this time it has been two days. I can barely do anything on my pre now. Anybody else experiencing the same issue?
    Two options from watching that video: Battery pull won't work, neither a full reset. If webos doctor doesn't do the job. The next option is to return the device. It's obivious that the phone has some serious issues. Link: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals. Choose the version for your phone.

Good Luck.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Two options from watching that video: Battery pull won't work, neither a full reset. If webos doctor doesn't do the job. The next option is to return the device. It's obivious that the phone has some serious issues. Link: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals. Choose the version for your phone.

Good Luck.
    Hi, thanks for the suggestions. That's what I am planning to do in the next few days. The only concern I have is whether they will accept a return now that I am out of warranty. I am with Bell and I bought pre the first day it came out. It treated me perfectly until this happened....
    Does it do this everywhere? Or only when it is in a certain spot (i.e. near something that could be interfering with it)? On another thread, somebody noticed their charging iPod sitting next to their Pre (on a Touchstone) was causing this problem, but it stopped when they moved the iPod away.
    I've seen that happen once, and that was when my friend's pre got dropped into water. Maybe something condensed under your screen? If you're not using it anyway, maybe some good can still be achieved by putting it in a bag of rice and putting that on the sunny windowsill.
    did you use a third party charger on your phone . You know by a cheapo charger to save money ?
    I had s droid that did the same (