Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    it seems like each and everyday its gettin worse. I now have uberkernel installed running at 1ghz. In 10 minutes I get like a 6% battery drain. Is the thundercheif better with batterly life? Also, is there anything I can do? I've only had my phone for about 5 months so I don't think its the actual battery. Please help! Thank you
    That kind of batt drain seem normal for the first 10-15 minutes using the phone. The battery percent show 100%, when it's charge.. But the real percent is 97. It also depends on what you're doing on the phone. I even get that kind of batt drain even when I'm not using an overclock kernal. If it bothers you that much run a webos repair utility. There might be something else draining the batt. I don't think you have a bad battery. It would have been worse than that. Here is the link for webos repair utility: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html.

If you want, you could also remove the kernal and see the difference without it. You might be surprise.

Best of Luck.
    Last edited by RL; 08/29/2010 at 03:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    That kind of batt drain seem normal. I even get that kind of batt drain even when I'm not using an overclock kernal.

Don't worry too much.

REmove the kernal and see the difference without it. You might be surprise.
    really? It seems like its been getting only worse compared to my friends overclocked pre, mine is horrible.
  5.    #5  
    all day? That would be a miracle for me haha. Are you a heavy user?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    No just 77 kg.
    contineous data transfer does consume 20-30% per hr.

play pandora for an hour and see how much battery you lose.

10 min is not long enough to get accurate battery life
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    my battery sucks ever since I installed mode switcher which recently came to preware. Try uninstalling it if you have it. Still like the app though.
    You have a faulty battery. It's under warrenty so replace it. And while your at it, get a 1400 mah extended battery. It's really worth it!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    You have a faulty battery. It's under warrenty so replace it. And while your at it, get a 1400 mah extended battery. It's really worth it!
    what's a faulty battery? Like if I were to go to verizon right now what should I say? Haha sorry for the questions
    Okay, I know nothing about Verizon, but try telling them the battery drains way too quickly. DO NOT TELL THEM you've overclocked your phone. See what they say. I didn't return my battery, I actually already had the 1400 mah battery and so when my original battery bit the dust I just started using the extended battery and it's been great.

Try to get a replacement for your stock battery, but if I were you, I'd invest in an extended battery.
    opps
    Another option would be to try the Conservative govenor with the max set at 1G, it might make a difference.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Just found this app in Preware. It might be able to help too.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/dr-battery

Interesting, that looks like a new app to check out...

I have always used http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...monitor-deluxe

What you can do with this app is run it and use your Pre -- it will give you a percentage drain per hour. If you see "high" percentage drain per hour, there very well may be something wrong with your battery or a bad app.

The problem with saying something like "In 10 minutes I get like a 6% battery drain." is that it really is subjective. You need some objective data to determine your issue. Using BatteryMonitor will allow you to show a screen shot that says that while BatteryMonitor was running for 120 minutes you saw a 78% drain in battery. However, I agree with the other responder who said 10 minutes is not enough time to determine battery drain.

You also have to understand that the battery percentage displayed on your Pre is not the "actual" battery percentage -- it is always a little off. Why? I assume it is because if they showed actual values it may seem like it is draining faster, or who knows their calculations may actually show the battery adding percentage points here and there.
    I think that F105 has better battery performance than UK @ 1Ghz. I never measured it, but I've used both and I'm back on F105.

Cool I'll have to try this out.
    IO think you should just get another battery of like, ebay or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitbiker View Post
    I think that F105 has better battery performance than UK @ 1Ghz. I never measured it, but I've used both and I'm back on F105.
    That's one of the reasons why I stuck with the original 800 mhz patch for so long. It was way better on battery life.

I just jumped on the UK bandwagon. Has anyone ever done a study to see the difference between the uberkernal battery performance and the original unixpsycho kernel performance. So far it's all anecdotal but it would be great to have some numbers.
    I seem to notice that when I switch between uberKernel settings my (battery) life goes crappy... but if I stick to a setting for a few days my phone seems to get "in sync" and last longer. Right now i'm on 500/1000 screenstate and I get about 6% per hour with moderate daily use. Only 1% higher than if I were on 500/800. I tried playing with a 250/720 setting for optimal battery life on long days... and found it was actually worse and had issues waking up.

There may be no merit to my theory... but I have noticed it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast