Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ....apparently I enjoy bathing my phones, phone doesn't appreciate it much but I just can't seem to help myself I replaced it under warranty last time but don't want to make another claim so soon after the last one. So I've decided to attempt a repair myself but not sure exactly where the problem lies at this point.

I completely disassebled the phone and let it dry out for a few days then reassemebled. Phone is working, able to make a call out, can hear tones and such and was able to backup all the system files and downloads via the USB port. But there is no display. However the digitizer is working, I can hear numbers being dialed when randomly touching the display and I can also see the backlighting come on as well.

So the question is where is the fault? Does it lie in the system board or the display? Right now I'm leaning towards the system board but just am not certain. Thoughts?
    Sometimes it's both. If the phone is in good working condition. Lucky you. Mine fell in some water, and stop working instantly.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Sometimes it's both. If the phone is in good working condition. Lucky you. Mine fell in some water, and stop working instantly.
    well, it looks like I spoke to soon! I decided to tear down and reassemble just to be certain I got it right and d@mn if it isn't working again!! I can only guess I didn't have the ribbon connector secure, maybe just a tad bit of moisture that needed blown out?? Who knows, at this point I don't care. Amazing how dependent I've become on this phone, went back to my Treo as a backup and they're just worlds apart..

BTW, nice to see another local on the board, I'm over in portsmouth myself..
    Try this: Remove the battery and put the phone in a ziplock bag full of rice. Let it sit for at least 12 to 18 hours since you dried it some and then give it a try.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Try this: Remove the battery and put the phone in a ziplock bag full of rice. Let it sit for at least 12 to 18 hours since you dried it some and then give it a try.
    thanks, but see previous post..
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw_2112 View Post
    thanks, but see previous post..
    Cool! Just remember that for next time. LOL
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation