Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    When I want to manually set up my pre email I get 5 options what are they?

    IMAP
    POP
    EAS
    GMAIL
    YAHOO

    I know the last two, I just need help with the first three. Thanks
  2. #2  
    EAS is for connecting the Exchange servers.

    Exchange Active Sync, which pushes email to your phone somewhat the way a blackberry works.

    the yahoo and gmail choices just are pop3 with the configuration already done.

    what email system are you trying to sync with?
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/29/2010 at 12:41 PM.
  3. #3  
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4. #4  
    POP and IMAP are similar so you use one or the other.

    POP is straight delivery of your in box. It is what mot people use most of the time.

    IMAP allows for some support for folders and bi-directional synch.

    post back if that isn't clear.
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/29/2010 at 12:42 PM.
  5. #5  
    IMAP, however, isn't just for Gmail, it is used by many different email providers. If you want instant push to your phone, so that you can receive email, as soon as it arrives, this is the one you would choose, as long as your email provider supports it.

    POP is just a different protocol that works a little differently and is supported by almost all email providers.

    EAS is actually an exchange server that some people have to use for work, due to security of company emails. If you don't use work email on your phone and your work doesn't require this/you've never heard of it, then there is no need to worry about it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6. #6  
    Thanks guys for all the informative support.. I just love this forum.



    @santos, I'm glad you find that funny.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    um, actually EAS is for connecting the Exchange servers.

    Exchange Active Sync, which pushes email to your phone somewhat the way a blackberry works.

    the yahoo and gmail choices just are pop3 with the configuration already done.

    what email system are you trying to sync with?

    I want to go with Gmail or Yahoo. I want the option to be able to sync a calendar and have the ability to turn on an off instant notification of emails.
    Which would you suggest? Everyone has been so helpful.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    I want to go with Gmail or Yahoo. I want the option to be able to sync a calendar and have the ability to turn on an off instant notification of emails.
    Which would you suggest? Everyone has been so helpful.
    Either one... They both are awesome. You can always turn off notifications on both.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    I want to go with Gmail or Yahoo. I want the option to be able to sync a calendar and have the ability to turn on an off instant notification of emails.
    Which would you suggest? Everyone has been so helpful.
    I use both Gmail and Yahoo. I also have a Hotmail account that is linked to Gmail at the moment because Hotmail because it doesn’t have exchange support as yet: http://www.precentral.net/hotmail-ge...l-finally-push. Gmail is far friendlier than Yahoo if you are going to use the calendar functions and setting up is a breeze. Just enter your login information and you’re done!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I use both Gmail and Yahoo. I also have a Hotmail account that is linked to Gmail at the moment because Hotmail because it doesn’t have exchange support as yet: [url] Gmail is far friendlier than Yahoo if you are going to use the calendar functions and setting up is a breeze. Just enter your login information and you’re done!
    wanted to know you got activesync to work yet it will not for me

Posting Permissions