1.    #1  
    Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden the text messaging icon in the tray disappeared...along with another program icon...I was able to restore the other program, by dragging it from the applications to the tray, but there is no messaging application listed anywhere I can find it to do the same thing ? I am still receiving texts fine, but I can no longer access them unless one comes in to my phone...Help ?

David
    Quote Originally Posted by champdds View Post
    Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden the text messaging icon in the tray disappeared...along with another program icon...I was able to restore the other program, by dragging it from the applications to the tray, but there is no messaging application listed anywhere I can find it to do the same thing ? I am still receiving texts fine, but I can no longer access them unless one comes in to my phone...Help ?

David
    The txt msg'ing icon is probably in another page of your launcher.
    Did you swipe left and/or right in the applications launcher to find it?

There are three pages.
  3.    #3  
    Actually, it was not there until I did a reset, and now I can do it...Not sure what happened to make it go away on the first place...Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by champdds View Post
    Actually, it was not there until I did a reset, and now I can do it...Not sure what happened to make it go away on the first place...Thanks
    I've read posts about similar occurrences from several other people. No one has ever figured out why it happens, but it reappeared for everyone with a reboot. Just seems to be a random bit of quirkiness.

Just on a future note, you can access your messaging application by using your contacts list, just select someone to send them an SMS, even if you are not really going to, then swipe back and you will get to the main page of the text messenger. It's just a work-around, until you can do a reboot.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I've read posts about similar occurrences from several other people. No one has ever figured out why it happens, but it reappeared for everyone with a reboot. Just seems to be a random bit of quirkiness.

Just on a future note, you can access your messaging application by using your contacts list, just select someone to send them an SMS, even if you are not really going to, then swipe back and you will get to the main page of the text messenger. It's just a work-around, until you can do a reboot.
    This is a nice tip! you should "Suggest a tip" to pre|central for this one, very handy.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~