1.    #1  
    Yesterday we went riding around the riverfront and it's the first time I've been away all day from touchstones or chargers with my pre. I opened my new spare Palm battery and charged it up to 100% after charging the original phone battery (got the phone July 19) to 100% to have 2 full batteries with me. When we left the phone had the new battery in it. I have the updated Uberkernal and Govnah. I turned off all notifications, and put Uberkernal down to Palm default, I have been running screenstate 500/800 with no problems. In the afternoon we were walking the shops and I heard a message sound from my phone which I thought was unusual since I changed alerts to off. My phone had a temperature warning and it was very hot to touch. I just turned it off and left it off. This morning I made a phone call and after the call I was checking the patches I have on it and a temperature warning popped up. Only Govnah card was open besides. It said 41c. Is this normal? I was thinking of chocking it up to the new battery maybe there is something wrong with it or the Uberkernal update although it's still on Palm default, was gonna go back to SS 500/800 (haven't used the higher one yet). I only had Uberkernal (before the update) for about 2 or 3 days and didn't have any problems that's why I was wondering if the new battery or the update could have caused the temperature warning yesterday when no cards were open etc.
    Can I get some opinions or input? I'm new to kernals so wondering if I should just remove? Although I do love the fast Pre with it.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 08/29/2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: typo
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    check for apps that run in the background. You know, apps that need to be updated every 'blah' minutes and stuff like that. It's most likely not the kernel, but the excessive background apps are a killer.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Apologize that I don't have a solution to your question, but I also wanted to comment. I overclocked about a month ago. I have had temperatures ranging from about 24 degrees to 41 degrees celsius. I have seen 41 degrees numerous times, but unlike you, it was during serious usage and I have NEVER gotten a temperature warning.

I have asked in a few threads what is considered a high temperature, but haven't recieved a response. I am hoping this thread will give us a response & tell us what actions to take. Thanks for starting the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Apologize that I don't have a solution to your question, but I also wanted to comment. I overclocked about a month ago. I have had temperatures ranging from about 24 degrees to 41 degrees celsius. I have seen 41 degrees numerous times, but unlike you, it was during serious usage and I have NEVER gotten a temperature warning.

I have asked in a few threads what is considered a high temperature, but haven't recieved a response. I am hoping this thread will give us a response & tell us what actions to take. Thanks for starting the thread.
    41 is awesome. And 24 is incredibly awesome!..50 - 55 is when you should turn it off and let it sit or just put it close to a fan or something.

Also, believe it or not, when your Pre is excessively searching for signal, it will get hot. So when you're in a bad signal area, turn off the phone radio. GPS signal search may also contribute.

6.    #6  
    The only thing I can think of is maybe email was updating in the background, it was what I think of as "closed out" meaning no card but I do think I have it set to sync as items arrive but I don't get a lot of emails. I do have GPS Fix that updates every 15 min.
    Thanks Jason....I bet it was the GPS Fix signal search plus maybe the phone searching for signal too. Was quite a ways away from home so I not sure how well my phone can get service in that area. Next time I will shut everything off and maybe go to airplane mode or just keep the phone off and turn it on once in awhile to check for messages.

I have put it back to SS 500/800 and it seems to work better at that. My temp is 25c and I've been deleting text messages. It normally runs 25c to 41c sometimes I will see 44c but not often. If I had to say an on average I see mid 30s alot. I do admit I don't know what all the other numbers mean on Govnah so I think I need to find a thread that explains it. I try to keep myself well informed but everyone here is amazingly knowledgable and helpful.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 08/29/2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: added content
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    The only thing I can think of is maybe email was updating in the background, it was what I think of as "closed out" meaning no card but I do think I have it set to sync as items arrive but I don't get a lot of emails. I do have GPS Fix that updates every 15 min.
    Thanks Jason....I bet it was the GPS Fix signal search plus maybe the phone searching for signal too. Was quite a ways away from home so I not sure how well my phone can get service in that area. Next time I will shut everything off and maybe go to airplane mode or just keep the phone off and turn it on once in awhile to check for messages.

I have put it back to SS 500/800 and it seems to work better at that. My temp is 25c and I've been deleting text messages. It normally runs 25c to 41c sometimes I will see 44c but not often. If I had to say an on average I see mid 30s alot. I do admit I don't know what all the other numbers mean on Govnah so I think I need to find a thread that explains it. I try to keep myself well informed but everyone here is amazingly knowledgable and helpful.
    No Problem!

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    41 is awesome. And 24 is incredibly awesome!..50 - 55 is when you should turn it off and let it sit or just put it close to a fan or something.
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for the guidance.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for the guidance.

Cheers
    No problem!