1.    #1  
    I have noticed this time and time again, and have seen it on both of the Pres that I have had, and have seen it happen to others. Nobody has yet seemed to figure out what the culprit of this problem is. It seems that if you talk to people and let the conversation build up over time, it then becomes impossible to delete that thread. The messaging app will hang up and the whole phone will be laggy. No matter how long you wait, the conversation comes back when you reboot the phone. The only option seems to be doctoring. Since we now have a possible way to recover text messages, in theory it would seem there should be a particular file or files I can go in and delete to clear the messaging history. Do any more experienced users have any input or files I can try deleting? I have like 100+ threads and its getting pretty huge, I want to clear my message history.

If I do have to doctor, is there a way to save the progress in my games like Nova, Hawx, and Angry birds so that I don't have to start over from the beginning in these games?
  2.    #2  
    After some experimenting, I found that delete the contact and then swiping and deleting will also work. This is a very slow method to remove texting threads as you'll have to re-add each person, but it is a solution if you don't want to doctor.. anyone else have ideas?
    When you readd the person. The thread might just come back...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    when it has happened to me, only a doctor fixed it.

you an save games and other data with the save/restore app in preware.
    I think you are probably just not waiting long enough. They used a very poor method of deleting conversations. I takes an hour just letting your phone sit to delete a 1500 message conversation (on a stock Pre.. will be interesting to see how much 1ghz helps..). I suppose it could have used a more efficient method of deleting them when you deleted the contact, but that's only speculation. If you install the total message count thread you can see how big each conversation is before you delete it. It has been posted that if you re-open the conversation before it is done that it will interrupt it, but it isn't true -- I monitored my 2500 message thread the whole time and tracked the delete progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    If I do have to doctor, is there a way to save the progress in my games like Nova, Hawx, and Angry birds so that I don't have to start over from the beginning in these games?

{Rl}response.
    Unfortunately, once doctored all games revert back to
    the beginning. Sorry!
    Not true. You can use Save/Restore to back up all the game data and restore them after you doctor. Of course you will have to reinstall save/restore to restore everything back. At this point, i would advise that you dont even try to savage your sms, because the sms database is probably corrupt by now, so use save/restore, then doctor, then reinstall save/restore and restore all your game data back after install the games of course. You might want to run each game atleast once because running save/restore and make sure you restart afterwards.

7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    ...Since we now have a possible way to recover text messages...
    I'm not familiar with this. Would it be possible for you to post a link for a thread containing this info (or the instructions themselves)? I did a search, but don't see anything other than speculation on a few different things to try, but nothing that seems to be confirmed. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I'm not familiar with this. Would it be possible for you to post a link for a thread containing this info (or the instructions themselves)? I did a search, but don't see anything other than speculation on a few different things to try, but nothing that seems to be confirmed. Thanks.
    Search for Pre backup Utility or Just extract your palmdatase file.

He wants to know a way to save his game progress, so after he doctors, he can continue from the level he left off. Save/restore offers that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    He wants to know a way to save his game progress, so after he doctors, he can continue from the level he left off. Save/restore offers that. Interesting.. I didn't know it did that specific task. :cool
    I took the liberty of adding my response inside your quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I took the liberty of adding my response to your quote.
    haha!
    Yeah, but save/restore is wonderful! Webos Internals is full of some really talented people and Palm needs to give me them all spots because they are actually directly helping palm keep a lot of customers.

Here read this thread..http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...p-utility.html
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Search for Pre backup Utility or Just extract your palmdatase file.
    Thanks, but the Pre Backup Utility would be to back up BEFORE a text is deleted. I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that the OP was referring to a way of retrieving a deleted text message right after it came in (without having backed up first). That's what I was looking for info on. As far as extracting the palmdatabase file, I've tried that, but it didn't work for me. Thanks anyway. It's not a big deal to me, I was just curious to learn about something new (or at least new to me), but it doesn't appear to be the case here.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks, but the Pre Backup Utility would be to back up BEFORE a text is deleted. I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that the OP was referring to a way of retrieving a deleted text message right after it came in (without having backed up first). That's what I was looking for info on. As far as extracting the palmdatabase file, I've tried that, but it didn't work for me. Thanks anyway. It's not a big deal to me, I was just curious to learn about something new (or at least new to me), but it doesn't appear to be the case here.
    Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. I meant that I had seen a thread that had mentioned where you can extract certain files and if you did a doctor you could put the files back in said location and the texts would be back again, not if they were deleted and then restore them back.
    there is a patch that adds a delete all conversations and texts with one push of a button. Should make it easier to do.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    there is a patch that adds a delete all conversations and texts with one push of a button. Should make it easier to do.
    Didn't work for me, once i restarted my phone there were still conversations there, and just deleted some. =/
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I had this issue... but mine was only an issue while i had the "Hold chat to open new convo card" Patch.
    if you have that patch, remove it and try.
    hope it helps!
    if you have a lot of convo's it will take a min. or two for them to delete if you delete a bunch one after the other also if you have long convo's they will take more time to delete . but .... if someone texts you or if you open the messaging app while its deleteing it will stop the deletion process and stop it completely . so try deleteing and waiting a min or 2 then try checking to see if they r gone . its like deleting or downloading a large file on your computer it takes a few min.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by diegoeatspandas View Post
    Didn't work for me, once i restarted my phone there were still conversations there, and just deleted some. =/
    that patch is currently not working , well at least its not working for me .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    go into conversation and delete all messages individually... takes awhile but sounds like the easiest method. I also get spam messages to my aol account. They only show up on pre and not when I'm signed into this account on computer. Suspicious there is some patch stealing my info... anyone else see this?