Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bought an AT&T PPP last 2 weeks, but i can't use the 3G. Someone told me it don't work in Vietnam. Is it right? Moreover, I applied my Palm profile, but it don't work for 3 hours, so i could not use Log App so far. Finally, I could not copy any file from my computer (Windows), it always said "Sorry, The device do not be found!", but it can work will my Mac.

Please, some one help me to repair it. In Vietnam, it very expensive.
    @ nhatminh305. What network signal are you getting?(i.e. 1x-2x-ev0-3x). Where you told by the phone company, that you won't be able to use your phone in vietnam? Your PC doesn't recognize that your phone is connected to it. There are a lot of things preventing this from happening.(for example: Palm novocomd isn't active-Java isn't enable-Palm pre(usb)driver isn't active on your pc... Etc.

More specific info needed. What kind of help are you looking for.

Ps. To download anything to your phone, you need to put the device in (usb) mode. You can maually press do it yourself. Press Orange/Gray + Sym + U.

Good luck.
  3.    #3  
    I set network type is Automatic so sometime i see logo G (3G) or E (GPRS), but i can only use GPRS. Although i saw G (3G), i could not connect any time. However, i turn the network type to Only 3G, but it do not search any carry.

I used to repair the Novocomd,the Java and try 3 different cables (BB, Nokia and Palm), but it always be fallen at a haft or quarter...
    Nothing is perfect without this sentence.
    www.tinhte.vn - Community Technology Viet Nam
  4.    #4  
    Dev Mode ON already. When i'm on vinaphone, i can't use 3g, although the 3G is available on my phone. when i'm on viettel, it could not found any carry when i turn network type to ONLY 3G.

@GUYFROMNAM: were u in my country on Feb? when will u visit vietnam again, PM me. i will show u about HCM city. Have u ever been there?
    Last edited by nhatminh305; 08/30/2010 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhatminh305 View Post
    I set network type is Automatic so sometime i see logo G (3G) or E (GPRS), but i can only use GPRS. Although i saw G (3G), i could not connect any time. However, i turn the network type to Only 3G, but it do not search any carry.

I used to repair the Novocomd,the Java and try 3 different cables (BB, Nokia and Palm), but it always be fallen at a haft or quarter...
    Excuse me for asking again..What are you trying to do? Get preware on the device or what? You haven't made it clear to what you're trying doing.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, I've been to Phu Quoc (beautiful), HTMC, and Mui Ne.
    And did a few tours of course.

Seeing as RL has vacated the scene; so you're seeing a 3G symbol in the upper right corner but you cannot access the internet. Right?
    yes! that right! i can see 3G symbol in Vinaphone and Mobiphone but i could not connect to the internet. However, on viettel, i can see only GPRS symbol, but viettel is the strongest 3G carrier.
    Last edited by nhatminh305; 08/30/2010 at 07:24 AM.
    @GuyFromNam Was going to mention your name when I started reading this thread and here you are...I remember last year you were getting firmware updates in Vietnam before anybody in the states or elsewhere was...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Excuse me for asking again..What are you trying to do? Get preware on the device or what? You haven't made it clear to what you're trying doing.
    I have 3 problems with me phone.

1st. I Can not use 3G on any carrier.
    2nd. I can not apply Palm profile on my phone.
    3rd. I can not copy any thing on windows computer.

Explain reason for 3rd:
    I try to copy media. I can not copy any file to my PPP. When it were going to a haft, it always fall. However, i can up FW and set up APP by this cable. What's wrong with my phone?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    @GuyFromNam Was going to mention your name when I started reading this thread and here you are...I remember last year you were getting firmware updates in Vietnam before anybody in the states or elsewhere was...
    i think he is vietnamese
    i think he is vietnamese
    Vietnamese maybe...but not from vietnam...and your point?...why am I even replying?...lol
  11.    #11  
    No I'm not from Vietnam. I was on holiday.

nhatminh305;
    You see a 3G symbol, because you are connected to the 3G network. To use data connection however, you need the correct settings.

What carrier is your SIM? Vinaphone, Mobiphone or Viettel?
    Vietnam Vinafone is in the Pre's database so you can enter the Manual Settings for that carrier.

Go to the Phone app (the dialer), select Preferences in the upper left menu.
    Scroll down. Do you see Manual Settings? You need to input the correct APN, username and password for Vietnam Vinafone.
    I did already, but it did not work so i tried on Mobiphone and the result was the same Vinaphone. Now, I try on viettel, the strongest 3G carrier in vietnam, but i see only GPRS symbol.

Excuse me, what is your phone company AT&T or others????
    I asked many people. They said AT&T do not work on 3G in vietnam. I do not believe it because I see the Vinaphone and Mobiphone 3G is available on my phone and i used to use an iPhone from AT&T too. I think it's some things wrong in database, but i do not know yet. Do u have any idea?
    Last edited by nhatminh305; 08/30/2010 at 09:36 AM.
    Most international countries operate 3G on the 2100mhz band. A handful do not.

AT&T PPP does not operate on this frequency (only 850 & 1900)
    Palm webOS™ - Palm® Pre™ Plus & Palm® Pixi™ Plus - Wireless from AT&T

Pretty sure this is the case in Vietnam so that is likely his problem & why the phone only gets 2G hookup. Vinaphone, viettel & mobiphone work on the 2100mhz band.

Technically the AT&T phone works in Vietnam but NOT in 3G. So does this mean I'm ignorant?
    me too , confused
  14.    #14  
    People saying AT&T does not work in Vietnam are ignorant.
    EDIT: all except bigcatny.

You have a Palm phone, not an AT&T phone. AT&T has nothing to do with your device.

Let's forget about Mobiphone and Viettel and focus on Vinaphone.
    Vinaphone is the only Vietnamese carrier I could find in the database so manual settings should work for this carrier. What APN and user/pass settings did you try?

Also, did you unlock your phone using nextgenserver or did you buy it unlocked?
    APM:m3-world
    Username:mms
    Password:mms

I unlock my phone by code on ebuy.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Most international countries operate 3G on the 2100mhz band. A handful do not.

AT&T PPP does not operate on this frequency (only 850 & 1900)
    Palm webOS™ - Palm® Pre™ Plus & Palm® Pixi™ Plus - Wireless from AT&T

Pretty sure this is the case in Vietnam so that is likely his problem & why the phone only gets 2G hookup. Vinaphone, viettel & mobiphone work on the 2100mhz band.

Technically the AT&T phone works in Vietnam but NOT in 3G. So does this mean I'm ignorant?
    okie, maybe you right, but why did i see 3g symbol on vinaphone and mobiphone?
  16.    #16  
    I'm sorry, but bigcatny is perfectly right.
    Vietnamese carriers use 3G frequencies 900/1800.
    Your phone uses 850 and 1900.
    OMG! i can not use 3G forever.............think i will come back BB
  17.    #17  
    You bought the wrong Pre model. Oops.
    You need the European model.
    Yeah!!! I hope some one buy my phone. Haizzzzzzzzz

Excuse! My friend use a HTC Desire from T-Mobile but he had changed the T-Monile carrier to other by a software. Can PPP do like this?
    Last edited by nhatminh305; 08/31/2010 at 04:50 AM.
  18.    #18  
    How much?
    400$ full box - 99.99% new i bought 2 weeks ago
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Yeah!!! I hope some one buy my phone. Haizzzzzzzzz

Excuse! My friend use a HTC Desire from T-Mobile but he had changed the T-Monile carrier to other by a software. Can PPP do like this?
    I think HTC Desire is Quad band so it work any where. While palm pre is depend on locale, US Canada is 900 1900 while EU and Asia is 900 2100

G shown on your phone is GPRS While E is EDGE.
    Quote Originally Posted by amuroray View Post
    I think HTC Desire is Quad band so it work any where. While palm pre is depend on locale, US Canada is 900 1900 while EU and Asia is 900 2100

G shown on your phone is GPRS While E is EDGE.
    T-Mobile (Europe, not US) HTC Desire is 900/2100 HSPA, which is why it works. T-Mobile US doesn't carry the Desire.

Also, North America is 850, not 900.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast