Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Besides having a clean ESN, what should I know about it? I have never had a Palm device so I don't really know how it works in regards to stuff like this. Thanks in advanced!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Make sure the ringer switch isn't wobbly, scan for scratches, and be VERY certain that using headphones doesn't lock it into headphone mode (this is a surprisingly common problem), in which the Pre still believes that you are using headphones and won't play most sounds.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    Make sure the ringer switch isn't wobbly, scan for scratches, and be VERY certain that using headphones doesn't lock it into headphone mode (this is a surprisingly common problem), in which the Pre still believes that you are using headphones and won't play most sounds.
    Awesome! Thanks for the tips
    If you're looking through Craigslist or ebay you might want a closeup side shot of the usb door cover area where frontal shots might not show minor cracks. Ask if the power button has a definitive clicking operation when pressed.

If you can, check that the LCD is uniform in brightness/color when the screen is on full brightness.

There is a code you can punch in that can tell you the manufacture/activation dates and whether the phone was a refurb, but I don't know offhand what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandam500 View Post
    Besides having a clean ESN, what should I know about it? I have never had a Palm device so I don't really know how it works in regards to stuff like this. Thanks in advanced!
    @Vandam500. You have come to the right spot for info. Even though it's not a brand new phone, chances are it might be worth bying. I'm staying on the positive side of all this. As forum member Anifan as stated..looking out for all those things is a good bet.

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
    There is a code you can punch in that can tell you the manufacture/activation dates and whether the phone was a refurb, but I don't know offhand what it is.
    For Sprint, it's ##786#
    I assume you also know tha the phones are carrier exclusive and you must be sure the phone you purchase is from the same carrier you plan to use it on.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    My suggestion is to buy it not from a single person but rather a company that specializes in selling products on ebay, this is what I did and they even gave me a replacement for the oreo
    I have brand new one (just exchanged under insurance, still has plastic on face) for Sprint for sale with lots of extras - 2 Touchstones, 4 batteries, plus more.

If interested, send me a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    My suggestion is to buy it not from a single person but rather a company that specializes in selling products on ebay, this is what I did and they even gave me a replacement for the oreo
    When it comes to things like the PrPrPr&#$275$;, $i$'$d$ $rather$ $buy$ $in$ $person$ $where$ $I$ $can$ $inspect$ $before$ $paying$.

I personally scored a mint condition PrPrPr&#$275$; $on$ $CList$ $for$ $a$ $benjamin$. $No$ $oreo$, $clean$ $esn$...$so$ $on$. $I$ $couldn$'$t$ $believe$ $it$ $really$.
    Create a new memo and use the keyboard to type in some random text. We have several Pre Plus devices in my company, a few have been perfect but a few have been replaced 6-8 times because of crappy keyboards (multiple and non-registering key registers). I’m on my tenth. Yes, my tenth, and it’s the first that has a keyboard that didn’t suck out of the box.