Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I would love to see an app, or a patch, that can would allow your pre to plug into the aux input of your car stereo, and be able to use it like a handsfree phone device. It seems pretty logical.
    Right now, if you simply plug it in, you can listen to your music, and listen to phone messages, but you can't talk. The only way to have a phone conversation through your aux input is to toggle between speaker phone (to talk) and what the pre thinks is a headset (to listen).
    I tried to do this, but unless the phone was muted, the person I called said there was tremendous echo.
    Someone should develop an app that would allow you to plug your pre into the aux input, while not disabling the microphone on the device.
    If this is out there already, please let me know.
  2. #2  
    it already does that. No patch needed. Listen through your car stereo, and rhe phone mic works to pick up your voice. Stick it on a touchstone and you have the perfect car kit.
  3. #3  
    maybe just turn the stereo down a bit and hold the phone closer to your face?
  4.    #4  
    Are you sure?
    I've tried this several times, but the phone mic doesn't pick up my voice. I think the mic is disabled, with the pre thinking that I am using a plug-in headset. I show that "headphone" icon when it's plugged in.
  5. #5  
    it doesn't disable the mic unless it senses a cable that has a microphone channel. Assuming you are using a standard stereo cable and have the dialer using the headset mode, it should work. I have my touchstone mouted facing me right above my radio and it works fine. Howevee, my car is noisy enough that I usually switch to a bluetooth headset when I have it with me.

    but the scenario you describe should work for you.
  6. #6  
    btw, there are several threads here with discussion about this that may have additiinal info for you. Here is one example rhat you may find useful:

    http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...ution-car.html
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEB View Post
    I would love to see an app, or a patch, that can would allow your pre to plug into the aux input of your car stereo, and be able to use it like a handsfree phone device. It seems pretty logical.
    Right now, if you simply plug it in, you can listen to your music, and listen to phone messages, but you can't talk. The only way to have a phone conversation through your aux input is to toggle between speaker phone (to talk) and what the pre thinks is a headset (to listen).
    I tried to do this, but unless the phone was muted, the person I called said there was tremendous echo.
    Someone should develop an app that would allow you to plug your pre into the aux input, while not disabling the microphone on the device.
    If this is out there already, please let me know.
    Been doin this for months. You can get an inline mic (it is marked as being for iPhone) from Radioshack that plugs inbetween the aux cord and your Pre headset jack that way you can even talk calls handsfree this way.

    I love it when I am using Nav and listening to music while traveling.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  8. ltlruss's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #8  
    I had been using my phone like this using a tape adapter to my stereo... Not sure when, but it stopped working a little while ago. I tried it once and got it to work again by restarting my phone after I plugged in the adapter. A little too much of a hassle so I don't use it anymore. Might be something for you to try though...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Been doin this for months. You can get an inline mic (it is marked as being for iPhone) from Radioshack that plugs inbetween the aux cord and your Pre headset jack that way you can even talk calls handsfree this way.

    I love it when I am using Nav and listening to music while traveling.
    Thanks so much for this cool tip. I will use this info to be able to use my Pre handsfree. I love this forum so far.
  10. #10  
    oh i have the cord to use mu ipod in the car & have used it with my pre for pandora! & have notices that i can hear everything from my phone through my speakers.. so i tried the calling thing once & it didn't work, but i don't think i had it on speaker.. i will have to try it again!
    also what if i have my bluetooth in my ear, could i have that plugged in & talk into the bluetooth instead of the phone?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by twinynumber2 View Post
    oh i have the cord to use mu ipod in the car & have used it with my pre for pandora! & have notices that i can hear everything from my phone through my speakers.. so i tried the calling thing once & it didn't work, but i don't think i had it on speaker.. i will have to try it again!
    also what if i have my bluetooth in my ear, could i have that plugged in & talk into the bluetooth instead of the phone?
    Yes, all of your phone sounds will come through your car speakers when you have a handsfree (wired) mic plugged in to your AUX input on your stereo.

    I haven't tried connecting Bluetooth at the same time. I am not sure what an incoming call or even your music would default to. You might have to disable the bluetooth music connection for your music to go out the audio jack and phone to come through the bluetooth.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  12. #12  
    cool, i will give it a try! thanks!
  13. #13  
    This would be awesome!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yes, all of your phone sounds will come through your car speakers when you have a handsfree (wired) mic plugged in to your AUX input on your stereo.

    I haven't tried connecting Bluetooth at the same time. I am not sure what an incoming call or even your music would default to. You might have to disable the bluetooth music connection for your music to go out the audio jack and phone to come through the bluetooth.
    I tried on my way home from work. It works like u would hope. Music and sounds go to AUX input and calls go to Bluetooth. When a call comes in or is made, the music fades down.
  15. dec
    dec is offline
    dec's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    it already does that. No patch needed. Listen through your car stereo, and rhe phone mic works to pick up your voice. Stick it on a touchstone and you have the perfect car kit.
    Works well ... just adjust your speaker in your car to the volume level that its not resonating back through your mic.

    Really shocked PALM hasn't exploited how good the touchstone is in the car . . to me, its one of the top 3 capabilities of the Pre !

    I don't have AUX in, so Im using a Belking FM transmitter and I'm happy with the performance~

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions