Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'm on my second Pre and have found that it does not have the range to connect to my wireless router that is approximately 15 feet away. My first Palm connected fine, my laptop and son's iPhone all connect fine too!!!
    Is there anyway to manually adjust the Pre so it can get better reception???
    Strange, I go to a family home and the Netgear router is on the other side of the house on another level (about 30ft through floors and walls) and have full signal. What setting are you running your router with? The Pre supports 802.11b/g with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X authentication.
    I have no distance issue to my linksys for at least 50 ft.
    I had a problem with one of the refurbs I got, but it was accompanied by the bluetooth only working within about a foot away. It ultimately lead to another exchange...
    I am still on my wireless when we get in the van and go down the hill some 70 feet away.
    yea I'm still connected to wifi at least 2 houses down outside
    Quote Originally Posted by broy83 View Post
    Me too.
    Don't know if you can manually set range though. That would be nice.
    Yeah, I went out and lounged in the shade by the pool, the other day, took my laptop with me to work. About a 100 feet from the router and had no problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Decent wifi distance for me as well, but I've found it's definitely possible to get too close. It's almost like it takes a few feet to resolve the wavelength or something. (probably a hokum theory, but the results are repeatable.)
    This has been reported to Palm as well as the wifi not working at all after latest update: wifi broken after the 1.4 update! - Palm Support Community

Palm's response has been less than desirable.
    Same issue here with a refurb, both wifi and BT had to be feet away for connectivity, it was replaced and the next refurb was fine.
    wow,,that stinks. I have a verizon fios router,my yard is huge. I must go 50 to 75 feet and still stay connected
    Quote Originally Posted by broy83 View Post
    +1 but I'm connected to my own right now