Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am relatively new to using the Pre, so there are a lot of things I have left to learn. One of the biggest issues I am having is with the wifi on my Pre. I can turn on wifi, and it may find a network to connect to, but it will never actually connect to one. My home network says "Association Failed" and I had a similar problem connecting to the free wifi at Barnes & Noble the other day. Does anyone know about an issue like this? Can anyone point me to some help? Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to P|C and the world of webOS. Some networks have a wall which will not allow you acsess. Your home network most likely has a passcode which you must enter before it will connect. Sometimes on public networks you may need to try a few times before getting a connection, however once connected, your Pre will do so automatically the next time. Same thing at home.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have tried and tried to get my home network to connect, but it just won't! I have entered the password on several occasions, but it still comes up as "Association Failed".
    It might be your router. The only thing I can suggest is to contact your internet provider, and see if they can give you assistance getting connected.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    It happens to me sometimes too.. All i do is restart the Pre and try again.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by bklove77 View Post
    I am relatively new to using the Pre, so there are a lot of things I have left to learn. One of the biggest issues I am having is with the wifi on my Pre. I can turn on wifi, and it may find a network to connect to, but it will never actually connect to one. My home network says "Association Failed" and I had a similar problem connecting to the free wifi at Barnes & Noble the other day. Does anyone know about an issue like this? Can anyone point me to some help? Thanks in advance!
    Were you ever able to resolve this? I'm having the exact same issue all of a sudden.
    Quote Originally Posted by bklove77 View Post
    I have tried and tried to get my home network to connect, but it just won't! I have entered the password on several occasions, but it still comes up as "Association Failed".
    Same here. It has just started acting this way. I did notice that McAfee just auto-updated to the newest version, I'm wondering if that has something to do with this, although I don't know why it would, as all other wifi devices in my home are working just fine.