Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday, I stopped by a store to use the bathroom. Upon entering the building, I noticed the power was out due to a storm. When I asked an employee if I could use the bathroom, he said "Sure, if you can find your way in the dark!" Immediately, I whipped out my Palm Pre, activated the LED Flashlight (installed via a homebrew patch) and it successfully navigated my way. The rest of the employees were overcome with envy because many of them had to go to the bathroom for HOURS but no one could locate a flashlight!

    No one can tell me this phone is not totally AWESOME!!!
  2. #2  
    ROFL! Good one!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3. #3  
    That is awesome! The Flashlight on the PRE is amazing. I actually used it to fix my car the other night
    e-cigs saved my life
  4. #4  
    Earlier this summer I was having lunch in a pub in Fells Point in Baltimore (Slainte -- across from the old set for the Homicide TV series). My niece was playing with a ring that popped off her finger. If it had not been for Jason's LED torch, I don't think that we would have found her ring under the table. Not a dramatic story, but it shows how the right app at the right time can be very useful.
  5. #5  
    Great Story! Once again PRE ROCKS!

    No Phone greater, in the history of communication and FUN
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  6. #6  
    I use sconix's system menu mod, and have the Flashlight there, but yeah it's very nifty at the right times.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7. #7  
    Since the CES show, at which the Pre was unveiled, I HAD to have one. When we went to get one for me at the end of June 09, I convinced my wife that we should spend the money to get her one too, as she was happy to just get a feature phone. Grudgingly, she went along with it, and the thank yous haven't stopped. After having it for only a week or two, my friend, my brother, and my mom were envious, and all went to get theirs. I have taken each of their phones and "homebrewed" them all, and when I did it, every one of them wasn't interested in the LED flashlight app, they all just said that they would just use the backlighted screen if they needed to. I installed it anyhow. In the last year+, the LED light has been used by each of them for various things including: 2 flat tires at night, power outages, finding keys in purses, lost items under booth seats in restaurants, looking under car seats, changing lightbulbs, camping, auto repair (flashlights were too big to go where needed), reading in the dark, illuminating a photograph taken by an iPhone , escorting an elderly person who got sick out of a movie theater, and a temporary nightlight for a young child. These are just some of the incidents which came up in conversation. I'm sure that there are more which never came up. Now, these people no longer question me when I suggest a particular app to try, and go with what I suggest. Usually they like my suggestions, but not always. Huge THANK YOU for this, I originally installed it as novelty, but its usefullness is unparalleled.
  8. #8  
    went to discount tires co. They don't have wifi, I just fired up MHS, nice.
  9. #9  
    what store were you at that they could not find the bathroom !!??? lol ltm ltm lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #10  
    constipated? Forget activia and get a palm pre.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what store were you at that they could not find the bathroom !!??? lol ltm ltm lol
    I was thinking that if they couldn't handle basic functions in the dark, since this is something everybody does, all the time, it's kind of sad!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I use sconix's system menu mod, and have the Flashlight there, but yeah it's very nifty at the right times.
    Yes, I'm using sconix's system menu mod patch too. It is a nice, quick way to access the flashlight! Thanks, sconix!
  13. #13  
    I kinda wowed a client with this the other night, too. Over the course of the evening, he needed a flashlight, calculator, map, and level. I just whipped out my Pre each time and had what he needed within seconds. "Wow, that thing's like a modern Swiss Army Knife!" "I carry one of those too." As I demonstrated shortly thereafter when he needed a pair of scissors...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Yes, I'm using sconix's system menu mod patch too. It is a nice, quick way to access the flashlight! Thanks, sconix!
    It just feels so...right. As if it was always supposed to be that way..
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    I kinda wowed a client with this the other night, too. Over the course of the evening, he needed a flashlight, calculator, map, and level. I just whipped out my Pre each time and had what he needed within seconds. "Wow, that thing's like a modern Swiss Army Knife!" "I carry one of those too." As I demonstrated shortly thereafter when he needed a pair of scissors...
    That's so AWESOME!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions