1.    #1  
    If i do not have a program actively "calling" EV to use it it does not work. I noticed this with My Tether. In order for it to work i need to play Pandora in the background. Why is this?

Is it a problem with My Tether, EV, or Palm? I am assuming it is a power saving feature and my version or My Tether is coded poorly. (always tells me there is a patch that needs to be uninstalled but it never actually does it when i try). Anyone know whats going on?
    Last edited by Titan078; 08/29/2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: changed "of" to "or" screw proof reading
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    If i do not have a program actively "calling" EV to use it it does not work. I noticed this with My Tether. In order for it to work i need to play Pandora in the background. Why is this?

Is it a problem with My Tether, EV, or Palm? I am assuming it is a power saving feature and my version of My Tether is coded poorly. (always tells me there is a patch that needs to be uninstalled but it never actually does it when i try). Anyone know whats going on?
    It sounds like something is wrong with your phone...I don't have any of the issues you've indicated, and have never heard of others having them either....I suggest running the Repair Utility (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html) or Doctoring (http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/serialnumberinitial.htm) the phone.
    I and many others have had this same issue with EVDO on sprint. I have yet to see a solution, but it has been a problem on all 3 of the Pre's I have owned. I have also seen it mentioned in a few tethering threads with no suggested solution. A trip to the Doctor will NOT help unfortunately.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have a similar issue with my Pre+ on Verizon. Randomly it seems all data connections turn off on my phone until I get a call or make a call. Then, if I'm on 3G and not Wifi, my text messages, emails, etc. come in all at once. No idea how to resolve it.
  5.    #5  
    ya that doenst sound like fun at all.... My issue just drops the internet until a program calls for it.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I am getting the same problem currently. I know its an old thread, but perhaps there was a new solution since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by linkblc View Post
    I am getting the same problem currently. I know its an old thread, but perhaps there was a new solution since then.
    same here.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have this problem when I'm in certain areas here in NYC. Not sure if it's being on the subway or what. The thing that works for me, and it's much quicker than a reset, is to do a "restart java" in the Luna Manager app. Once it restarts and the EV icon reappears my emails and texts come through and I'm able to get on the web.