1.    #1  
    I can no longer get twitter to receive tweets, i was using twee without any issues - now i get "there was an error processing your request" whenever it tries to download tweets.

I've tried uninstalling, a webdoctor, reinstalling with no luck. I've also donloaded bad kitty which also isn't working. There are no issues with internet access/email access from the phone.

I've used a pc to remove access for my mobile clients from the twitter webpage and then reauthorise them - no luck.

Theres a "fixed" item on the twitter webpage about o2 users not being able to get tweets.

Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
    ta
    You're barking up the wrong tree. I can't believe you went as far as to doctor your phone. Wow.

It's Twitter's problem, apparently related to a change in their API. If it helps, Tweed is unaffected.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    You're barking up the wrong tree. I can't believe you went as far as to doctor your phone. Wow.

It's Twitter's problem, apparently related to a change in their API. If it helps, Tweed is unaffected.
    Its never a bad idea to webdoctor the phone, particularly when you've had all sorts of patches and homebrew installed. It doesn't take long to do.

If it was a universal API issue, i would have thought lots of people would be experiencing the issue - i haven't seen any other threads but would be interested in hearing if others are having the problem.

I tried your suggestion of using tweed - i get an "error from twitter: internal server error"

I was waiting for a reply from twee developers, but i think i'm going to try twitter support - this looks like something specific ot my account when accessed from the pre - it works fine via the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    Its never a bad idea to webdoctor the phone, particularly when you've had all sorts of patches and homebrew installed. It doesn't take long to do.

If it was a universal API issue, i would have thought lots of people would be experiencing the issue - i haven't seen any other threads but would be interested in hearing if others are having the problem.

I tried your suggestion of using tweed - i get an "error from twitter: internal server error"

I was waiting for a reply from twee developers, but i think i'm going to try twitter support - this looks like something specific ot my account when accessed from the pre - it works fine via the web.
    I believe it is a twitter problem, it affected me the other day and bad kitty couldn't access my account for a few hours. How long have you had the problem?
    When you open up bad kitty do you get 3 Xs had the bottom where the tweets can't load?

Pip
  5.    #5  
    No twitter access for 4 days now!
    Bad Kitty doesn't load any tweets, it says "could not load data from twitter"
    It will load direct messages, but not mentions.
    I am going to try creating a new account to see if that works, no response from Twee developers or twitter support as yet.
    My mistake, it's Twee I'm using and apart from a brief period of internal server errors it's been fine. Twitter is renowned for going down.
  7.    #7  
    I agree Twitter is renowned for going down, but it is permenantly down on my pre - even when its working fine on the web.

I've created a new twitter account, but i'm still getting the same issues (ie no access at all to tweet stream) with 3 different twitter clients - though i can see direct mentions, so it appears the clients are logging on to my account.

I think something is up with my pre preventing authorisation to recieve the tweets, but can't think what.

Would be interested if anyone has any theories as to why this is happening.
    Twee on O2 working now :-)
    I believe it is a twitter problem
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    H ChasT - were you having the same problem as me:

basically my home page doesn't load any tweets and i can't post any tweets
    Infuriatingly i can go to my custom lists - which are up to date - but cant reply to them,
    this is a permenant problem rather than anything intemittent and has been going on for about a week now
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    H ChasT - were you having the same problem as me:

basically my home page doesn't load any tweets and i can't post any tweets
    Infuriatingly i can go to my custom lists - which are up to date - but cant reply to them,
    this is a permenant problem rather than anything intemittent and has been going on for about a week now
    One thing, what is the date and time of your pre?

Pip
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    One thing, what is the date and time of your pre?

Pip
    Thanks Pip, Twitter support just replied to say it could be a problem with my network time zone settings - however this and the time both seem to be correct. I did have a weird bug a few weeks ago when the pre seemed to be losing time, but this has now resolved.

i've tried turning network time and time zone off and on, as well as manually setting both - neither corrects the problem.
    No, Twee & Twitter have been working OK for most of the time, just the normal Twitter outages now & then.
    Timezone off, but network time ok either way.
    I'm using TweetMe no problem whatsoever. ^_^
    TwEe!
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Tweed works just fine. I noticed an issue on Friday (yesterday) but I assumed it was a general connectivity issue with 02 since I couldn't get online at all on any app.
    This may explain it? Perhaps some of the developers haven't updated their applications to use OAuth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    Starting August 31, all applications will be required to use “OAuth” to access your Twitter account.

What's OAuth?
    • OAuth is a technology that enables applications to access Twitter on your behalf with your approval without asking you directly for your password.
    • Desktop and mobile applications may still ask for your password once, but after that request, they are required to use OAuth in order to access your timeline or allow you to tweet.

What does this mean for me?
    • Applications are no longer allowed to store your password.
    • If you change your password, the applications will continue to work.
    • Some applications you have been using may require you to reauthorize them or may stop functioning at the time of this change.
    • All applications you have authorized will be listed at Twitter.

You can revoke access to any application at any time from the list.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I am an O2 user and my Tweed (free) still doesn't work. It constantly tried to refresh my news feed with no success, so I tried relogging in but it says that I can't sign in.
    Twee (free) can't be used because it says that after August it won't be working anymore due to API changes.

Thankfully weTwit Lite works. It may not be the most attractive twitter app, but it gets me my tweets.

Fingers crossed the Tweed developers sort it out.