Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes I would use it.
    this would be very cool! i hope that it is possible.
    You have my vote and also allow it to resize when in landscape mode similiar to when you get a phone call when you are playing a game or doing anything landscape.
    yes! That's perfect!! What about in landscape mode. Any pics of that?
    this is sweet I would def use it
    I'd love it, but I'd also like to know what it'd look like in landscape.
    I'd only use VKB in landscape...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Yes, this would be awesome! Hopefully, someone will make this a reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    I'd only use VKB in landscape...
    i agree
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Got my vote but only if it works in landscape because if its only portrait might as well use the physical KB, its only a slide away right?
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    Got my vote but only if it works in landscape because if its only portrait might as well use the physical KB, its only a slide away right?
    For me, that slide is incredibly annoying. I like using the pre when it's closed more anyway.
  12.    #32  
    So pretty much egaudet replied to my PM. If there's anyone else who wants to help out with developing this idea, please be of help . Egaudet said VKB is open source and anyone can actually make this happen because its possible and its being that way since 1.3.1 . Anyone up for it?

When I first started on the VKB I started with it in the notifications area, but that was scrapped when I realized it didn't work in landscape. Since I think 1.3.5 Palm added landscape notifications, I've thought about putting it in there.

I've gone so far as writing a proof-of-concept notification vkb app (with buttons not the current themed version). I've thought about many things like possibly doing some mojo-C hybrid with it. I've also wondered how far away a VKB from Palm will be since we know there are Tablets in the pipeline there has to be at least a VKB in the pipeline.

I do work on lots of things and have lots of plans so I don't know how much time I should spend on redoing/upgrading the VKB. When I get time I'll look into how easily I can throw it in the notifications in its current form but I can't promise any timeline. Also note it's opensource so if anyone wants to jump on board, help with it or tweak it, I'm all for it
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I would use in the notification tray, I hate how awkward it is now
    This looks like it would be much more user friendly, i would definatly use it, but landscapping would be even better.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

I like the idea.. But technically it ready does this by giving you the option to move the keyboard anywhere.
    if you force the keyboard to squish the screen you can miss text in the messaging app.. But by moving it around I can alway see the text .... A beter option... IMHO... Opinion is when the slider is closed and you tap on a text field the current iteration of the keyboard pops up... Instead of the dbl meta tap
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I like the idea.. But technically it ready does this by giving you the option to move the keyboard anywhere.
    if you force the keyboard to squish the screen you can miss text in the messaging app.. But by moving it around I can alway see the text .... A beter option... IMHO... Opinion is when the slider is closed and you tap on a text field the current iteration of the keyboard pops up... Instead of the dbl meta tap
    auto pop up would be an issue when navigating to websites where you are in a text field by default (i.e. log in/pword) when the page loads
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    if you go to a page that requires login, wouldn't you mean to go there? I don't notice this problem.
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonie luv View Post
    auto pop up would be an issue when navigating to websites where you are in a text field by default (i.e. log in/pword) when the page loads
    again im taking about when the slider is closed...

EX: Slider is closed > Navigate to web Page >Tap on Text Field > VK Pops up > Start Typing

or

Slider is closed > Navigate to web Page >Tap on Text Field > VK Pops up > Slide open Phone > VK Disappears

Basically the phone is listening for the Slider staus when in a text field
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12