Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    hi,
    just wondering why iphone 3gs 1219mah battery can last me 1 day but palm pre 1150mah can only last a quarter of a day? The battery capacity difference by mere 69mah..
    mine lasts all day usually
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I suspect something wrong with my battery I order a new one see how it goes, current battery I monitor roughly last me 12 to 14 hour max. My iphone all location service, push mail all on and play game yet no problem get through a day
    IPhone has cleaner coding because they dont allow 3rd party applications in that much. Also, the IPhone last the whole day even with GPS ON, 3G running, Bluetooth On and pretty much everything. SO at the end of the day, Apple is running on much cleaner coding, while webos is yet to get there because its relatively new. I'll still take Webos over ios anyday though.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    You might have a bad battery. You can find out how to check it here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-battery.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Jason Black has stated a valid, and important point. That's one of the suspected reason why your battery might be dying so quickly.

Another assumption might be the batt cells are failing to hold charge anymore. How long have you had your battery? I change my phone's batt every year.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Just got my phone over a weeks. trying to install internalz but keep getting error doing so, wondering does it need to root to install. i got 2 battery for now, the stock and a centro. i been monitoring the battery using battery monitoring app, so far it show it consume 7 to 8% every hours, does it sound normal? i not heavy user(although i wish) just checking facebook and tweets a bit once in a while few phone calls. Got uberkernel install recently overclock to 1ghz.
    7 to 8% every hours is freakishly high. You must be either using it a lot, or your battery is dying.

I can easily get through a day with the battery at 85% at night, with very light use (web browsing and less then an hour of music). Your drop rate sounds more like when I was using Google maps heavily.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Well as i type i even see 23% per hour with ONLY the battery monitor apps running, sound like the phone having problem? how can i check?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    so according to the statistic is the phone problem or battery problem? my location service is OFF, i push ONLY my gmail the rest 6 hours once. my facebook notification is OFF, IM chat also OFF. how can i check which apps eating the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by amuroray View Post
    Well as i type i even see 23% per hour with ONLY the battery monitor apps running, sound like the phone having problem? how can i check?
    Try a different battery and see how different it is.

As for internalz, you can get it with either webosQI, or preware. No rooting nescessary!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    The problem is i think the battery that come with my pre having problem, the second battery is my 2 year old centro battery so dun think is very reliable also, i order a stock pre battery, just hoping is just battery issue not the phone. anyway i will try to get internalz cranking and test it out.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    funny the internalz result is original capacity 1183.125 and the max capacity can hold 89.06250..
    i though my battery was 1150 why internalz show 1183? The result is 1053. hmm... i was hoping something much more lower..
    are you on at&t -otherwise
    it is the 3g (evdo) draining your battery-trying to get a signal where you are

try turning off your data connection -you will receive phone calls and text messages

just turn it on when you need it

i was hoping for some webos options on this in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by jon0604 View Post
    are you on at&t -otherwise
    it is the 3g (evdo) draining your battery-trying to get a signal where you are

try turning off your data connection -you will receive phone calls and text messages

just turn it on when you need it

i was hoping for some webos options on this in the future
    I do this. I went 14 hours with 10 minutes of phone call, texting all day, and I was at 94%, then I talked on the phone for 3 hours(girl) and I was down to like 70%.

You don't need the 3G all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    My concern is is my pre having problem or my battery having problem or is natural that it act this way, if is naturally do this i don't mind at all i can carry few battery with me. Last night i try to charge to 100 at 12 am morning so i leave it unplug to see how much it drain when idle morning 9.30 am it was 85% so seem to be normal right? 9 hours 15% or is too much?
    No, that sounds about right. The Pre just eats more battery than the 3GS, both when idling and when being used.

This is in part due to the fact that iOS uses the (more efficient) GPU for animations, which webOS 1.x doesn't. So everybody should see some battery life improvements during use with 2.x - but I doubt that the Pre will ever be very easy on your battery. In my eyes, its energy consumption is its greatest shortcoming.
    Pre batteries suck so people buy touchstones for every room.
    1 + 1 = $
    So you think Palm decided to cripple one product in order to ship more of another?

You think Ruby brought that much Apple DNA to Palm?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Well since it sound fine i can stop worrying and start using it normally, i got 2 battery and 1 more is on it way. These few days i was constantly cautiously using n monitoring it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast