1.    #1  
    There's so much to love about the Pre - but mostly it's all in the possibilities.

The TouchStone is wonderful but I would love to see the following (all of which can be achieved with the Patch Captains of the Internals):

All the following refer to the Pre on the 'Stone.

- The ability to have plug-in for the screen (once it's docked)
    - Set what you want to see
    - Time (in various sizes and layouts, round with a second hand, old style digital that flips over, crazy do thingy, etc.)
    - Status of the battery charge including the option of temp, voltage, % done,
    - Option to remove the swipe thingy if you want
    - Option to not not answer the phone when you pick up the phone
    - Slide show - you know how that would work, pick a folder, set an interval, bla, bla, bla.
    - News feeds
    - Weather conditions
    - Multiple time zones

You know, stuff like that.

Please wake me when it's BETA time....
    Last edited by PF Graham; 08/28/2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Thought of more stuff.
    Most of what you want is currently possible. Flicker Addict and Slideshow allows a slideshow while docked. The other stuff is possible with a combination of various programs and the mighty Mode Switcher.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    Most of what you want is currently possible. Flicker Addict and Slideshow allows a slideshow while docked. The other stuff is possible with a combination of various programs and the mighty Mode Switcher.
    Two rolls of duct tape, couple Snickers wrappers and some bailing wire and I'm all good - right?

I probably should have posted this in the Internals section anyway.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ...or at Palm's webpage for RFE's:

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    There's so much to love about the Pre - but mostly it's all in the possibilities.

The TouchStone is wonderful but I would love to see the following (all of which can be achieved with the Patch Captains of the Internals):

All the following refer to the Pre on the 'Stone.

- The ability to have plug-in for the screen (once it's docked)
    - Set what you want to see
    - Time (in various sizes and layouts, round with a second hand, old style digital that flips over, crazy do thingy, etc.)
    - Status of the battery charge including the option of temp, voltage, % done,
    - Option to remove the swipe thingy if you want
    - Option to not not answer the phone when you pick up the phone
    - Slide show - you know how that would work, pick a folder, set an interval, bla, bla, bla.
    - News feeds
    - Weather conditions
    - Multiple time zones

You know, stuff like that.

Please wake me when it's BETA time....
    There is currently a patch through Preware that you can install to prevent answering upon Touchstone removal, I use it and it works great.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Two rolls of duct tape, couple Snickers wrappers and some bailing wire and I'm all good - right?

I probably should have posted this in the Internals section anyway.
    I'm enjoying my Pre set up to display a picture slideshow when docked on the Touchstone between 7 am and 6 pm Monday - Friday IF the battery level is above 60% IF battery level is below 60% it automatically launches Battery Monitory until the battery level reaches full charge then it goes back to Slideshow. Also, automatically launches Pandora when docked between 6 - 7 am and 6 - 7 pm M - F for the drive to and from work.

You're going to be sleeping a long time to see that kind of functionality in a single app solution. Don't sleep on Mode Switcher, its the most powerful automation tool available on any platform.
  7.    #7  
    Wow, I guess I nailed this overall idea --- Exibition coming in webOS 2.0.

http://www.precentral.net/webos-20-d...tion-just-type
    I can't wait to see.
    Anyone know of a great deal on Touchstones? I missed the boat when they were dumping them at Radioshack. Currently the best I can find is $18.45 on Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing94 View Post
    Anyone know of a great deal on Touchstones? I missed the boat when they were dumping them at Radioshack. Currently the best I can find is $18.45 on Amazon.
    VZW has been running a 9.99 TS and car charger bundle, free next day shipping. Last time someone posted in the thread a few days back it was still working.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...le-9-99-a.html
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    VZW has been running a 9.99 TS and car charger bundle, free next day shipping. Last time someone posted in the thread a few days back it was still working.

Dang, i wish I would have seen this before I could use another TS but it does not appear that this is still active on there web site.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Dang, i wish I would have seen this before I could use another TS but it does not appear that this is still active on there web site.
    I just checked and it still appears to be available. You need to select your phone to be "Palm Pre Plus", for "Accessories" select "Chargers and Batteries", under "Desktop Chargers" click on "See All Desktop Chargers".

Hope this helps... plee3
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

And the best part about it is if your car has enough juice coming out the cigarette adapters, you can use one of the sticky GPS mounting plates on your dash, stick the touchstone on it, and take the car charger provided in the order and BLAMMO! Touchstone in your car. Just did it in my 2010 Focus

Now I just need to hack the touchstone apart and put in stronger magnets, if I hit a huge bump (famous in PA) the pre falls off sometimes...
    WOW Awesome deal, I just purchased two touchstones, 2 car chargers and a case with free overnight shipping for a total of $27.00 This ia an amazing deal! Get em while you can!!!

Set Your Location Chargers