1.    #1  
    I had to replace my Pre Plus (verizon) and the GPS isn't working on the new one - neither for my VZ Navigator or for my golf course gps app. Why?

Also - VZ Navigator didn't work worth a damn on my old pre and I dont expect it to do much better on this one - is there a fix, or an alternative way to get navigation? I use it a lot for work and have had to go back to my old Magellan...

Thanks
    get the gpsFix patch, and the gpsFix application. That solves it. Preware and app catalog.

silly that it is needed, but at least it works.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks - I got the gpsfix patch installed - but I dont find an app in preware or app catalog, other than the patch - am I misunderstanding? Are these two different things?

Any alternativer o VZNav?

Thanks again
    the patch is a patch. There is alao an app in the app catalog by the same name. You will want that one too.

open the app catalog and search for gpsfix, all one word.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks again - but I have searched the app catalog for gpsfix several times - comes up with no application found each time.
    just search on the word 'fix' and you will see it...
    I would try the gpsfix program, but apparently Verizon has figured out how to totally screw up the newest Pre out of Verizon. The guy who wrote gpsfix has a new Verizon pre and he can't even get it to work properly.
    that's not true. If you can't get it working with gpsfix, you have a defective gps radio.
    Workerb33,

Following are some posts from the "Verizon GPS Fix - Available in App Catalog thread":

Originally Posted by psmith View Post
    Oh I so envy you. My experience has been frustrating. The only thing that ever seems to work for me is the VZ Navigator dance where I bring up the app and then decline to buy it and even then google maps tracks me for 15 mins then stops tracking me. I have gps fix latest version from the app catalog, the gps fix vzw and Ebagg agps patches (the ones in preware) nothing seems to work. I live in NJ but work in Manhattan and so when I saw you post that your pre plus works in Manhattan I had to post my experience. Another odd thing when I try #GPS## on the phone the last couple of times it failed to get the location even when I was in relatively open space. I'd blame a faulty gps unit in phone but then VZ Navigator seems to be able to jog my gps thingy. Ahhh Frustrating. Can anybody help?????

James' reply on 8/13/2010 1:14pm

This is that 'nasty habit' I spoke of before. I'm working on ways to work on these devices, but so far nothing works. VZ Navigator is required for *every* gps call, no matter what. As soon as I have something, I will let everyone know.

again on 8/20/2010 5:14pm

Sounds like you have a cross between the "problem" devices and a normal one. Working on ideas, but to keep an app catalog compatible app, my options will be limited.

According to James, there are some "problem" devices. Possibly these are the latest devices, mine was purchased in July and James purchased his in
    August. James' 8/20 post is his last post in the thread. Have you seen something later, perhaps somewhere else. If James has a fix for the
    problem devices, I sure would like to see it!!!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I got mine in July. I activated navigator and it worked. Had to DOA that phone due to a bad on switch. VZ navigator won't work on that device. It will get the location but it won't change as you drive. Tried extensive troubleshooting with verizon. Gave up and removed navigator. Does this sound ike a bad gps?
    Quote Originally Posted by egardner View Post
    I got mine in July. I activated navigator and it worked. Had to DOA that phone due to a bad on switch. VZ navigator won't work on that device. It will get the location but it won't change as you drive. Tried extensive troubleshooting with verizon. Gave up and removed navigator. Does this sound ike a bad gps?
    yep, if doctoring doesn't remedy that, you have a bad radio. If vz navigator doesn't work, nothing else will.
  12.    #12  
    Well, this is frustrting. I got the gpsfix program - dont find a separate patch, but when I run the program, it asks about using the patch, which I answered yes to, so I dont know if I have both or not.
    But I also dont know if I have a defective (replacement) device or not - it works intermittently. Sometimes works with my golf gps program, sometimes not. And Vz nav seems to be doing the same.
    I'm paying for VZ nav and really need it, or an alternative. guess I'll cancel my subscription since its not working.
    But I've read about Navit (I think is the name) and htat it wont work until VZ releases the new OS - is that going to fix it? Is there another option out there?