Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Today, I watched my battery life jump from 41% to 0% in a matter of a handful of seconds... this happens pretty regularly on my Pre - anyone else have this happen? Any ideas on what the problem could be? No apps were running
    My first guess would be a bad battery.
    Same problem as of late...I suspect my battery is toast...but then it lasted for almost a year. I had my original replaced having the original Palm Pre Battery problems and reboot issues when it was first released. Sorli...
    Yup, your battery is toast. Happened to me too. Then I got the Mugen 1400 and it's been fantastic.
    Yup, you need a new battery. That happened to me with the Mugen 1400 that I got last fall - I had to replace it with a different battery this summer. My new battery (I got a different brand) is working well and my battery no longer drops from 20% to low/shut-off warning in a split-second.
    Does it stay at 0% indefinitely, or does it shut down due to low battery? Maybe the gauge is messed up. You could try charging it to 100%, let it drain to empty, and then charge it again and see if it resets the battery's "memory".
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Does it stay at 0% indefinitely, or does it shut down due to low battery? Maybe the gauge is messed up. You could try charging it to 100%, let it drain to empty, and then charge it again and see if it resets the battery's "memory".
    Do this a few times. If the problem persists after a couple of days, your battery has gone to a big, nice docking station for old batteries upstate, but we really shouldn't visit.

If and when you need a new battery, I would suggest you consider your aftermarket options because the original Palm battery is overpriced when compared to the competition; I got my Mugen 1400 directly from the manufacturer, for 22 shipped and can only recommend it.

There is another well-known alternative, but that has since been discredited as either defective ("team stupid") or fraudulent ("team evil") as a lot of their batteries badged as 1350mAh have been shown to only ever have carried a maximum charge of 1150mAh.
    Few of the Mugens actually carry the full advertised 1400, but having somewhat mediocre production tolerances (mine had a max of ~1360mAh) and selling standard batteries as extended batteries are two different stories in my book.