Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    As some people here knows, I have just activated my Pre Plus using a friend's AT&T SIM Card and unlocked it using nextgenserver. Now, what I've noticed is, whenever I login to my profile, I see under Device Details that the phone number is still my friends phone number. I also found out that that number is being used in case I loose my phone, I can select to erase the device but the message is going to be sent to the number that's in there.

now the question, is there a way I can change that number from my friend's phone number to the number I am really using that's on TMO's network? If so, how will I able to accomplish that?

Thanks,

Russell
    You're stuck with it - I have the same issue. My Profile shows the number I used to activate my Pre in November, not the number I've actually been since using since the following week.

Palm support say they can't change it either.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    It has never update for me. I've doctored it , reset it, asked Palm to do it - nothing has changed that number. I'm not even on the same network anymore.

Mind you - the phone doesn't see the number associated with the current SIM - is there a way to set it manually ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Device info : no number shown and no way to add it manually that I can see.
    Manage my device : activation number only, has never updated and Palm say they can't change it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Device info : no number shown and no way to add it manually that I can see.
    Manage my device : activation number only, has never updated and Palm say they can't change it for me.
    that is obvious. When your device does not know your number, with which number should it update the palm profile?

Nevertheless, this is bad, as the device wipe-out service cannot work without palm knowing your correct number!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I talked to Palm's Technical Support yesterday. They said that the phone number on your profile is being used when you call them. They search you by the listed number on your profile. The person I was talking to also asked for an updated number and said that she can update their system but the changes won't reflect online.

I thought that's all they use the information but I have been trying to purchase an app through Palm's website and I am putting-in my real cell number so that palm can send me the link to where I can pay or download it. Up until now, I haven't received anything yet. I think the number on that profile has something to do with it. I can't re-create my profile because I am not using AT&T. I am with T-Mobile using unlocked Palm Pre Plus. Any other thoughts?