Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I hate to tell you this but you've been beaten to the punch by several years on the phone name Pomegranate.

Meet the Pomegranate NS08 one of the best phones of all time.
    Pomegranate | NS08
    I just noticed your post here. User camiller made a similar post in reply to a comment I made on precentral.

This is very funny. Thanks for sharing. I only thought of the name because I was thinking about Apple and Blackberry being fruits and was trying to think of what fruit began with Palm or a similar sound. Lol.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    They should keep it simple. Palm Pre 2 or Palm Pre 4G; Pixi 2 or Pixi 4G.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I hate the names Pixi and Pre.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Well since this one is called Pre meaning before, why not call it Palm Current, or Now, or better yet, Palm Post, because it is coming out after ever other phone.
    on sprint it would be the now phone on the now network
    Please, please, get rid of the name Pixi! A Pixie is a kind of fairy, and a girl's haircut. My sister, and half of her Brownie Troup (novice Girl Scouts), had Pixie cuts when they were in the 3rd or 4th grade.

If the name of your product brings up images of cute little girls with short hair, and fairy tales, you are going to limit your potential market.
    :facepalm:
    My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Please, please, get rid of the name Pixi! A Pixie is a kind of fairy, and a girl's haircut. My sister, and half of her Brownie Troup (novice Girl Scouts), had Pixie cuts when they were in the 3rd or 4th grade.

If the name of your product brings up images of cute little girls with short hair, and fairy tales, you are going to limit your potential market.
    yep. If a guy brings his new 'pixi' phone to school, you know he is going to get beat up.
    Hey Rlopin, long time no see...missed a few palmcasts hehe whoops

But I got a kick out of the name, forget the haters, it was just a joke
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTolsonator View Post
    Hey Rlopin, long time no see...missed a few palmcasts hehe whoops

But I got a kick out of the name, forget the haters, it was just a joke
    Hey Tolsonator! I was wondering what happened to ya'. Guess life gets in the way of our phones sometimes. :-P

The last Palmcast with Rahul Sood was really great. My favorite part was when Keith shouted out "You got powned!" and because of the lag Rahul thought Keith was referring to him instead of Derek. Rahul had a dumbfounded look on his face until it was cleared up. I thought the same thing too. It's too bad the palmcast replay only has audio. Check it out anyway.

See you on the next palmcast!
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    personally I've always thought they should revive Palm Pilot.
    I agree! I loved the palm pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Apple is a fruit.

Blackberry is a fruit.

But there is one fruit that is tastier and stronger than them all...

The Palm-O-Granite!

That's what I think they should call the next phone. It sure beats calling it a Palm Prixi.

What do you think the next phone should be called?

edit (8/28):
    User camiller posted a reply to one of my comments in the main site with the following URL:
    Pomegranate | NS08

Hysterical! You must see it.
    If you want to keep the fruit scene just call it the "Acai". Once you purchase this device you will receive a mail-in rebate for a fresh case of Acai Berry juice, jam packed with a plethora of antioxidants shipped directly from Brazil. What other company could offer that?
    What do you think the next phone should be called?
    Roadrunner
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    I just noticed your post here. User camiller made a similar post in reply to a comment I made on precentral.

This is very funny. Thanks for sharing. I only thought of the name because I was thinking about Apple and Blackberry being fruits and was trying to think of what fruit began with Palm or a similar sound. Lol.
    But I don't want it to have the name of a perishing fruit. I love Pomegranates, but I don't want it to be the name of my new phone. I have no new ideas so I'll go with: wait for it wait for it, the Palm Prowess . Yes, as a WebOS warrior, Prowess not only defines the ability of the phone, but also the skill and discernment of the user. We want a smartphone, not a toy or a radio.
    egg plant?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    If you want to keep the fruit scene just call it the "Acai". Once you purchase this device you will receive a mail-in rebate for a fresh case of Acai Berry juice, jam packed with a plethora of antioxidants shipped directly from Brazil. What other company could offer that?
    Acai has a nice ring to it by itself, but the "Palm Acai" sounds like "the Palm guy" to me when said quickly.

Hey, I see what you did there.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    But I don't want it to have the name of a perishing fruit. I love Pomegranates, but I don't want it to be the name of my new phone. I have no new ideas so I'll go with: wait for it wait for it, the Palm Prowess . Yes, as a WebOS warrior, Prowess not only defines the ability of the phone, but also the skill and discernment of the user. We want a smartphone, not a toy or a radio.
    The Palm Prowess flows nicely off the tongue. I would just worry that a large swath of the general population may not know what prowess means. Whatever name it has should be instantly recognizable.

The "Palm Power", perhaps, would have a similar meaning? This product naming stuff isn't as simple as they make it look!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Roadrunner
    Some folks are speculating that Roadrunner is an internal code name for either WebOS 2.0 or the PalmPad tablet/slate based on the data coming out of WebOSRoundup's Metrix application.

They would have to buy the rights to the name. It is synonymous with speed, which is why I guess Time Warner Cable uses the name for their broadband service here in New York.

Very good product name, although I wish it had a 'P' in it to support the great alliteration we've grown accustomed to.
    also because time warner owns the trademark as part of warner brothwrs...
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    yep. If a guy brings his new 'pixi' phone to school, you know he is going to get beat up.
    It could have been worse. They could have called it the Palm Pretty.

The irony of it is that I think it takes a pretty tough guy to walk around with a feminine sounding phone!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast