Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    ill take a look thanks man. appreciare it.
    No, it wont erase any thing at all, you still have access to any pre-installed apps by palm, and the app catalog, just becareful with software updates when 1.4.5 comes out for verizon you should read what you have to uninstall for software updates
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Just a quick tip, something that I missed when I was a new homebrewer... When you install a theme, and then decide you want a new one (and you will), make sure to remove the theme otherwise some parts of the theme get 'stuck' and the only way to fix it is by the webOSDoctor, something that I just decided to live with as opposed to doctoring and then restoring everything.
    This isnt entirely true, you really dont have to doctor, something happened to me after I installed a theme and I started up preware again and it showed I had nothing installed or anything but they were still on my phone, so I couldnt uninstall the theme, eventually if you install enough themes it will replace all of those things (uninstalling them one at a time though) to the point that if you dont have any installed it will be the original palm theme
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Just a quick tip, something that I missed when I was a new homebrewer... When you install a theme, and then decide you want a new one (and you will), make sure to remove the theme otherwise some parts of the theme get 'stuck' and the only way to fix it is by the webOSDoctor, something that I just decided to live with as opposed to doctoring and then restoring everything.
    Would that include Glass Effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Would that include Glass Effect?
    If it is the theme version and not the patch, then yes.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Getting off-topic folks... please stay on point
  7.    #27  
    well what's the difference between a patch and a theme.
    A patch adds some sort of functionality or changes a function of the device (like adding a patch that adds a 'read all' button to email). A theme changes the look of your device by changing the background images, look of the icons, colors, etc.
  9.    #29  
    sick. I can't wait to do this. I hope I don't run into any issues. I think I'm gonna swap my current pre out for another one. I'll do it then. I keep having head phone issues and volume issuse too?

are all the apps, patches, themes free?
    Patches and Themes are free... there are many free apps available through Homebrew and lots of pay apps in the Palm Catalog.

Read the link I gave you on the previous page and most of these basics will be answered one by one for you. Once you get the new device, you can install Preware and start playing with patches and themes (explained in the link I gave you).
  11.    #31  
    yeah, this is the 3rd palm pre ive been through. the first one I had to always use speaker phone as the phone was always stuck in headphone mode.

and the second time I dropped it in the toilet (no, thats not a joke, I really did)

I ordered screen protectors off ebay and I still havent received them....Idk just thought id put it out there
  12.    #32  
    will there be issues with 2.0 web os?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpsonsdirektor View Post
    will there be issues with 2.0 web os?
    I really doubt it. The beta SDK has just been released to the developers, so they can start doing what they do to prepare. There will be some patches that stop working/aren't needed, but everything will transition fine. I wouldn't worry about it. Before that update ever happens, the developers will release a list of items (if any) that should be removed prior.

But like I said... I wouldn't worry about it at all.
  14.    #34  
    alright thanks.
    If there is Ill just come on here and look I guess.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12