Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    ok, got some music off of some cds. i put the mp3 files in the usb part of my pre. when i play the music on my pre there is not any album artwork.

then i also have some music from a friend that when i put it into my pre the artwork shows up.

any ideas of how i can fix this without re-ripping my music?

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    You will need to embed the album art into the mp3. I have used mp3tag Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...) .
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    +1, my favorite app!
    i bought the application Pollux for 10$ because I had thousands of songs ripped from cd over the years, some from mix cds where no track info could be obtained. Pollux makes mistakes, but its usually about 90% accurate. just highlight what tracks in iTunes you want tagged and have pollux do all the dirty work figuring out the who/when/what/etc and getting the artwork. 10$ felt like a real bargain considering the time I would have spent trying to manually update each song.
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

Media Monkey
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I've had this issue with both the Pixi and now the Pre. Even when the artwork is embedded in the MP3 file, sometimes it would only show on a small percentage of the files. I moved all the MP3s off my device, disconnected it from my laptop, then re-connected it and transferred them back.

That usually works for me. Don't ask me why it does it; it just does.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I found "songbird" it does the same thing but way easier...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!