1.    #1  
    i brought my phone in to get looked at the other day. i just did a restore via device info so that govnah/uber/patches were gone. when i started the phone backup & set it up, some of my apps are missing. i went to appstore to find one i know is missing & it's saying i need to pay for it. weird. is there a way to get these back? i don't really care about now because i don't have my replacement yet but will they show up when i set up my new pre. i did do a backup with pkzip or whatever the preware app is called. if i restore that, will i get any apps i've paid for/downloaded since then?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpuczko View Post
    i brought my phone in to get looked at the other day. i just did a restore via device info so that govnah/uber/patches were gone. when i started the phone backup & set it up, some of my apps are missing. i went to appstore to find one i know is missing & it's saying i need to pay for it. weird. is there a way to get these back? i don't really care about now because i don't have my replacement yet but will they show up when i set up my new pre. i did do a backup with pkzip or whatever the preware app is called. if i restore that, will i get any apps i've paid for/downloaded since then?
    If the apps in question are app catalag apps then they should come back with your Palm Profile. You could try another app and data erase (basically a profile restore) and see if they come back then, but if not, call Palm and they can ensure you get back to a time in your profile when they were accurately backed up.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    If the apps in question are app catalag apps then they should come back with your Palm Profile. You could try another app and data erase (basically a profile restore) and see if they come back then, but if not, call Palm and they can ensure you get back to a time in your profile when they were accurately backed up.
    they are palm catalog apps. i'll give that a try.
    if not, open a chat session on the palm support site and they can fix it.