View Poll Results: How many cards do you typically keep open?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-1

    46 64.79%
  • 2-5

    23 32.39%
  • 6-10

    1 1.41%
  • 11+

    1 1.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    Hiya, I am just curious as to how many cards people typically keep open. I tend to close everything I've finished using because I like a 'clear' home screen.

    For me it's normally one or two, usually messaging and phone dialer, what about you?
  2. #2  
    Depends on what I've got going, but usually 0 as well. I love my wallpapers too much (Switcharoo!), and thanks to Uber1G, my Pre is fast enough to open apps as needed.
  3. #3  
    I usually keep about 3-4 open. Love the advanced gestures to move me back and forth very easily between the apps.
  4. #4  
    I keep one open all day.. Clear card .. Kind of pointless if I don't keep more open through the day but I'm always on the web so I don't want to drain the battery with cards just sitting in background pulling data.
  5. #5  
    None - I clear my screens at the end of each work or play session.
    I also use Switcharoo and love my wallpapers, so I like to keep them uncluttered.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  6. #6  
    Usually 1 or 2. I tend to keep Tweed and the Facebook app up about 90% of the time. If it's 1 card it's Tweed, Facebook is used slightly less.
  7. #7  
    Usually just TouchConnect+ throughout the day for my speed-dialing. If i'm at home chillin' then I usually have 3-4.
  8. #8  
    usually just Dr.Podder and maybe mobile hotspot
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    None. I consider the flicking up gesture the ultimate signature webOS feature.


    Great - Can I not join?
    Don't worry, the club motto I go by prevents me from accepting anyone
  10. Slow_S10's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #10  
    I can't even vote on this one. it just depends where I am and what I am doing. Usually if I am at work I'll leave the RSS feed reader open, Facebook, Messaging, and AP, plus possibly a couple others, so 4-6ish at work. Usually at home I'll close everything that I'm not using. When I'm out and about I'll have Foursquare running, and maybe GoodFood if I am going out to eat... so 1 or 2.

    Most of the time I almost always have one or two apps open.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboy182 View Post
    I can't even vote on this one. it just depends where I am and what I am doing. Usually if I am at work I'll leave the RSS feed reader open, Facebook, Messaging, and AP, plus possibly a couple others, so 4-6ish at work. Usually at home I'll close everything that I'm not using. When I'm out and about I'll have Foursquare running, and maybe GoodFood if I am going out to eat... so 1 or 2.

    Most of the time I almost always have one or two apps open.
    I hope you got Mode Switcher to open all them apps when your at work
  12. #12  
    I always have a PreCentral card open, plus text messaging, email, calendar, and sometimes a few others. I generally keep things loaded if they take more than a few seconds to load. It keeps things faster for me to respond to notifications, and it helps me to random demos to people when meetings get boring.

    Hey, watch this...
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/27/2010 at 10:28 AM.
  13. #13  
    Used to be none but now that I cant get the Yahoo IM patch to work through msg'ing I keep Agile Msgr open most of the time. Thats usually the only one.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
  14. Slow_S10's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I hope you got Mode Switcher to open all them apps when your at work
    I have not even explored Mode switcher yet. I thought it was for setting different phone setting parameters like screen brightness and volume level but I assume by your comment that you can also set it up to launch a specific group of applications all at once... or am I way off?
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboy182 View Post
    I have not even explored Mode switcher yet. I thought it was for setting different phone setting parameters like screen brightness and volume level but I assume by your comment that you can also set it up to launch a specific group of applications all at once... or am I way off?
    Mode switcher is just awesome, it does open up group of applications. I have 2 modes set up, off days and work days. For work, they will open up a lil before I get up and have my buisness apps ready to go for the work day. Pre will always be ready for me before I'm even ready
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboy182 View Post
    I have not even explored Mode switcher yet. I thought it was for setting different phone setting parameters like screen brightness and volume level but I assume by your comment that you can also set it up to launch a specific group of applications all at once... or am I way off?
    Yeah you can have it set to open whatever app you want. I got a mode set for work, added a trigger for the days and time, settings for sound, ringers, screen. And have it set to open a few applictionns. You should try it.. It's better than ever since it's reached v. 1.0
  17. #17  
    always: govnah, tweed

    usually (in addition to the above): messaging, tumblbox

    sometimes: email

    most others i close when i'm done. sometimes when i'm in a hurry and using a bunch of apps (especially in cases where a link from tweed, tumblbox, message, etc. open a a browser or map) i'll go back to try to find tweed again and find that i have like 12 cards open.
  18. #18  
    This varies greatly for me depending on what is going on. Anywhere from 0 to 7 would be normal.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  19. #19  
    Govnah is almost always up, unless I forgot to pull it up after a restart. With SR71 running I like to keep the Guv up and dont need to keep much else because they come up so quickly. So I voted 1, but I just looked at my phone and there were 4, imagine that.
  20. Slow_S10's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Mode switcher is just awesome, it does open up group of applications. I have 2 modes set up, off days and work days. For work, they will open up a lil before I get up and have my buisness apps ready to go for the work day. Pre will always be ready for me before I'm even ready
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Yeah you can have it set to open whatever app you want. I got a mode set for work, added a trigger for the days and time, settings for sound, ringers, screen. And have it set to open a few applictionns. You should try it.. It's better than ever since it's reached v. 1.0
    Awesome! Sounds pretty cool. I should maby rephraise my original post to say that I don't usually launch all of those apps at once every day at work. However whenever I do use them I tend to leave them open for the rest of the day. Still in any case I am definately going to give ModeSwitcher a try!
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions