View Poll Results: How many cards do you typically keep open?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-1

46 64.79%
  • 2-5

23 32.39%
  • 6-10

1 1.41%
  • 11+

1 1.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can't believe that you all don't keep a pre|central main page and forums card open at all times... seems like such an obvious thing to have those two always open. With background refresh turned off you can read as you have a moment, and refresh to see what's new any time you want to!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I can't believe that you all don't keep a pre|central main page and forums card open at all times... seems like such an obvious thing to have those two always open. With background refresh turned off you can read as you have a moment, and refresh to see what's new any time you want to!
    I may not keep the P|C app open all the time but I do have the PreCentral feed in my RSS reader which I do keep open. Well at least during working hoursanyway.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
    Most of the time just texting or none....I admit I love flicking the cards away, oh and seeing the Harley theme.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Usually one to two. Mostly SMS
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    I generally keep my apps closed, more because I just like the look of my theme/wallpaper and at 1GHz, doesn't take that long to load something up anyways. Occaisonally I leave Govnah on, and sometimes Pre|Central Forums. I just like my phone tidy
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    Govnah is almost always up, unless I forgot to pull it up after a restart
    Just curious, why keep the guv up all the time? Just like seeing the temp? Or do you switch profiles often?
    I freaking love the person at Palm who came up with the cards idea. I also agree with a previous poster about flicking the cards off the screen being the best part.
    I'm really shocked that people keep so few cards open. I remember early posts that talked about how great WebOS was because you could keep apps open and quickly access them. Yeah, it's faster opening them with overclocking, but it's even faster when they are already open. And with the new kernels, the TMC error is rare.

BTW, I'm the one person that keeps 6-10 cards open and sometimes, even more. Generally I close them at night, but open things during the day and keep them open because I use them throughout the day. (Apps usually open: Quick Contacts, Phone, Email, SMS, SplashID, Web, Weatherbug, pReader, Preware)
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I like to usually have a Twitter app, Facebook, and a "main" app open (even with 1 GZ the Facebook app opens slowly).
    Usually no more than three. Any more becomes hard to scroll through them, but I normally don't need to have that many open
    is there a patch for unlimited cards open? Or perhaps to bypass the annoying mssg saying "sorry too many cards open", while in fact having none open. Any ideas??
    Radiotime, facebook chat and precentral usually are my three that I run all together.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    0 - unless I have made a mistake and forgotten to close.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12