Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Hello Palm Pre Plus hardware! After 3 Sprint Pre's, it was time for an upgrade. Found a VZW Palm Pre Plus for 70 bucks, pretty much brand new. Oh how I like your grey bland buttons, but that 512MB ram and that 16GB of internal storage is just calling my name!

- Sent from my Sprint Palm Pre Plus
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/27/2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: fixed title
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    I sure enjoy mine, and with a little research on Precentral I learned just about everything I need to know to customize it.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I did the Sprint Palm Pre Plus hack and the thing with the uber 1ghz kernel is like night and day compared to my Sprint Palm Pre with 1Ghz kernel.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    One thing I don't get about these Pre's is that the flash memory is wicked slow... 1.45MB/s really? My MicroSD card is faster than this.
    Congrats! Don't forget your sig line.
    lol , he said mode .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/29/2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: fixed link
    I would do this in a heart beat if there wasn't a new device just around the bend.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Hello Palm Pre Plus hardware! After 3 Sprint Pre's, it was time for an upgrade. Found a VZW Palm Pre Plus for 70 bucks, pretty much brand new. Oh how I like your grey bland buttons, but that 512MB ram and that 16GB of internal storage is just calling my name!

- Sent from my Sprint Palm Pre Plus
    Actually I like the gray buttons better. Fits my black theme nicely.

And since you took it apart already, you can actually reinstall the orange keys from the Sprint unit if you like, they actually fit. Just pry the keyboard bezel off (carefully), it's stuck on by double sided tape, then unhook the keyboard overlay from the slider. Adds a personal touch too, and you'd have one unique Pre Plus.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    <<Thread renamed to ward off attackers>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You are my hero because this helps so much with searching. If P|C would change the search default to "titles only", your excellent titles would make search usable even to the newbies.

Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I would agree that a default title search would be preferable to search entire posts for the Forum search engine.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I would agree that a default title search would be preferable to search entire posts for the Forum search engine.
    You mean you don't like titles like "help me" and "how do I..." or "can't install [fill in the blank]"?

those titles get very little traffic and therefore very few answers...

I keep hoping they will hire a mod just to rename thread titles after they go dormant. Every now and then one will get a post and put a really annoying title back at the top of the "new posts" view, and I feel a sharp pain in my eye, especially some of the really stupid ones in OT.

I'll bet they'd double rly's pay for him to do that...
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/27/2010 at 11:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    You are my hero because this helps so much with searching. If P|C would change the search default to "titles only", your excellent titles would make search usable even to the newbies.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post

I keep hoping they will hire a mod just to rename thread titles after they go dormant. Every now and then one will get a post and put a really annoying title back at the top of the "new posts" view, and I feel a sharp pain in my eye, especially some of the really stupid ones in OT.
    I'm up with that idea! The thread titles can be very confusing and usually misspelled and can't be changed by the OP
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I would do this in a heart beat if there wasn't a new device just around the bend.
    Couldn't have said it better. Although I really do want to try this project.