1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I've tried searching but cannot find any thread that explains if GSM Pre is supposed to get 1.4.5!

I bought a unlocked Palm Pre and it says it is uptodate with 1.4.1 however certain apps will not work as app catalogue says my version is not supported!

I can see that O2 Palm Pre UK already has 1.4.5.

If you have any links I can read I would appreciate it, thanks!
    Where was your Pre first activated? Or, what carrier was it originally intended to use?
  3.    #3  
    I got it in the UK second hand, from a shop! So I have no idea!
    Model is P100UEU, does this help?
    mmm... go to www.palm.com/rom and enter the serial, it will tell you where it does belong, and if it's a supported 1.4.5 carrier, will give you the option of dowloading the corresponding webOS doctor.
  5.    #5  
    Ok just found out it belongs to O2, so I got told it was a sim free, but infact is a o2 unlocked!

Can I update to 1.4.5 without breaking the unlock?
    Well, as far as I've read, if you doctor your phone you won't lose your unlocking status
    Quote Originally Posted by hmsq82 View Post
    Ok just found out it belongs to O2, so I got told it was a sim free, but infact is a o2 unlocked!

Can I update to 1.4.5 without breaking the unlock?
    Only breaks if you use a RebelSIM.

Also Pre has never been sold "SIM-Free", it always has been tied to O2.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    belongs to which o2? O2 germany only sells sim-lock free, so there's no need for unlocking