Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    look up advanced launche patches , there are too off them the launcher and preferences . These will add in all kinds of good stuff like changing the launcher around on the fly !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    can it conjure a plate of bacon?
    Yes it can and now that my dogs have figured out how to use the phone they are getting their fill of bacon
    Dan
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    (1) You're in the messaging thread for John Smith. If you switch to another app and switch back, the EVO will take you to the messaging directory but not the specific thread for John Smith. This is annoying.
    This must be an evo thing, I've just tried this with my cheapo dext and you go back to where you were last.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    can it conjure a plate of bacon?
    WebOS Internals is working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    WebOS Internals is working on it.
    naw dude they already developed that. There working on world peace, world hunger, and the aids problem in Africa now.
    I've had my EVO for around two weeks now. To tell you the truth, I don't miss anything from that toy Pre except for the gestures.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    I've had my EVO for around two weeks now. To tell you the truth, I don't miss anything from that toy Pre except for the gestures.
    whats it feel like when you try the gestures on the EVO
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    whats it feel like when you try the gestures on the EVO
    You feel like an *****. I did it over and over on EVO and EPIC for 4 weeks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I went the "other way" and bought an EVO from eBay. I really liked Android on my Wife's new Epic4G and found a good deal to swoop in on, on Ebay.
    It AIN'T WebOS, and by the time Sprint gets the next hot new WebOS phone, I'll have a Premier upgrade available to me again.
    (I'm not even really sure I'm gonna sell my Pre, to be honest)
    I'll keep up with WebOS because I still love Palm, just using something different for a while, that's all.
    Palm user since my Palm Pilot Pro (B'day present 13 years ago, which I still have!) Previous devices include: IBM Workpad M100, C505, Palm i705, Palm Tungeston, 650, 680, and currently Pre! (There'll be more, I know it!)
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    This is what you missed...

Current Pre owners can virtually convert their phone to keep up with the other mobile toys.......if and ...this is a bit if....your mechanical hardware lasts that long.................

Running at 1ghz for 6 months now and phone is very snappy. A bigger screen would be nice. though.....
    I left for the EVO as well and am going to wait to see what Palm comes up with next before I switch back. I like the hardware, but miss WebOS. I'm tired of having to check every email individually when they come in because all you get is a stupid envelope for notification, and tired of having to check each account separately. Tired of having to open up every text message because I missed the brief preview when it came in. Tired of swapping to a program I left open and finding it's not how I left it. Tired of the clunky multitasking. And tired of typing on a freakin' screen and having my phone auto-correct my input into stuff I didn't mean to say.

There are a lot more apps, and it gets more love from Google and everybody else than Palm does, but it's no WebOS.
    I switched to the Evo yesterday simply because I need a bigger screen. I am so miserable. They do have tons of News, Finance, and Business apps that I love but navigating this thing is like being lost in the Serengeti. I want my gesture, multitasking and my mode switcher. I hope I make it till Monday. The way things are looking, I may be returning this thing!! Dear god, what have I done!!! (lol)

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url= Beta[/url]
    thanks for being honest anyways pastor. Are you back on the pre now or do you still have the evo ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=
    Beta[/url]
    I'm glad you came back... You haven't miss anything >>(YET). The best is still to come.

[i]--post from my palm pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    So why are you here?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I switched to the EVO a few weeks ago & am enjoying it so far. It's definitely a clunkier interface than WebOS, but the fact that my Sprint Nav works 100% of the time, the faster internet & visual voicemail & voice-dialing & tons of apps, make the switch worthwhile.

I'm still following Palm very closely though. If HP builds a bigger, sturdier phone with similar features, I'll likely switch back for the unmatched multi-tasking & amazing homebrew community. But for now the EVO is packed with features & I don't get finger cramps trying to type on the keyboard...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12