1.    #1  
    Do I really have to download 1.2.1 doctor?
    What are the steps to make it like new again?

Thanks.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    If you're wanting to start over completely, meaning after a Doctor you don't want things loaded back onto the phone when logging back into your Palm Profile?

If so, go to the Backup app, change it from On to Off, then select Turn Off And Erase Backup. Then go to the Device Info app, scroll all the way to the bottom and select Reset Options. Scroll all the way to the bottom of that and choose Full Erase, you then can either choose Full Erase, which will simply remove all your stuff, or a Secure Full Erase which will essentially overwrite all data with 0's making getting to the deleted data very difficult (typically used if you're giving your phone to someone else or exchanging it). The Secure Full Erase takes several hours to complete. I'd choose Full Erase if you're keeping the phone. This essentially puts it back to NIB state, but I believe I've read people who say some of their patches remained. Which is why Doctoring to something earlier than v1.3.5 first and then Doctoring to v1.4.X is recommended as this truly does start things over from scratch.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/26/2010 at 09:45 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    That will delete all patches as well?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    why wouldn't you want to start with 1.4.x?
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Do I really have to download 1.2.1 doctor?
    What are the steps to make it like new again?

Thanks.
    Nacho gives the full enchilada answer in his reply. (pun intended)

However if you are just referring to clearing the USB portion of the drive and doctoring and restoring your Palm profile info (app catalog apps (paid or free) contacts accounts, memos, email accounts, calendar accounts, etc.) then don't disable the auto backup feature but do everything after that. This get's your OS and USB drive back to NIB condition but retains your info and apps from your profile.

You could also just create a new Palm Profile when the screen comes up at the beginning and really start from scratch.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    That will delete all patches as well?
    Yep, full erase and doctor (1.4.X) will erase/remove everything previously installed.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 08/26/2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: potential Carrier version differences
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Nacho gives the full enchilada answer in his reply. (pun intended)

However if you are just referring to clearing the USB portion of the drive and doctoring and restoring your Palm profile info (app catalog apps (paid or free) contacts accounts, memos, email accounts, calendar accounts, etc.) then don't disable the auto backup feature but do everything after that. This get's your OS and USB drive back to NIB condition but retains your info and apps from your profile.

You could also just create a new Palm Profile when the screen comes up at the beginning and really start from scratch.
    Came back to touch a little on this. Failed to mention that if you do plan on taking the "Turn Off Backup" option, make sure that you're backing up your contacts and calendar events to something other than your Palm Profile or you will lose those too. Something you will lose for sure are your memo's, unless you find an alternate syncing solution. This current thread talks about syncing memos: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ync-notes.html

If you don't plan on deleting your Palm Backup, I'd still recommend syncing your contacts and calendar to something else (numerous people have experienced losing that data and having to go through Palm to have them restore their profile to an earlier backup to resolve the issue). Memo's are also backed up to your Palm profile.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/26/2010 at 09:46 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers