Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    So I believe I bricked my pre trying to install tether, don't ask, cuz I don't know how I did that.

My phone now just says "Phone Offline" and does not get any signal. Is this considered bricked? I don't know how to get it to start working again...it won't even fully charge when I'm charging it through the wall. It won't even charge on the touchstone at all.

I've tried to doctor the phone, but it just says that the device could not be repaired. I went through steps on wiki about starting it up withe volume help up, etc...nothing seems to work. (THe doctor actually went to 4%, then it came up with that screen that says it could not be repaired, then when I try it again, it wont even get any percentage done, it just goes straight to the yeild sign screen.)

Can anyone help me and show/tell me how to fix my phone please? Thanks in advanced...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shinto View Post
    So I believe I bricked my pre trying to install tether, don't ask, cuz I don't know how I did that.

My phone now just says "Phone Offline" and does not get any signal. Is this considered bricked? I don't know how to get it to start working again...it won't even fully charge when I'm charging it through the wall. It won't even charge on the touchstone at all.

I've tried to doctor the phone, but it just says that the device could not be repaired. I went through steps on wiki about starting it up withe volume help up, etc...nothing seems to work. (THe doctor actually went to 4%, then it came up with that screen that says it could not be repaired, then when I try it again, it wont even get any percentage done, it just goes straight to the yeild sign screen.)

Can anyone help me and show/tell me how to fix my phone please? Thanks in advanced...
    I don't know how to fix it but bricked means it won't even turn on. like, it's as functional as a brick would be.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/26/2010 at 07:55 AM. Reason: fixed link
    Quote Originally Posted by shinto View Post

So it will still boot up and get to the OS operating? If so, go to "device info" and then "reset options" then select "full erase" and give that a try. Should reformat everything top to bottom then try a Dr. if other things still don't work.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I got it doctored...sorry about the freak out, wouldn't work at first and i need my phone working!!!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have a similar issue this morning. At first my email wasn't working so I restarted. After the restart no apps were listed, and I mean Device Info was even listed, just a blank page. I restarted again and now I have apps listed, but no mail accounts and my phone is unable to keep a connection to Sprint. It might be hard to believe but I have no Preware. I'm going to try to doctor it now but I would love to know if it required anything special since you said it didn't work the first time.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    bwolfe, you should try to turn off and on the airplane mode, even though it may not do anything, it still may help. I didn't try this before i doctored, but read on here that it has helped some. Maybe just try to pull the battery too?

I tried doctoring a few times before it actually worked. I had to do the Turn off phone, then turn on while holding the Up Volume button until the USB symbol showed up on the screen. then i went thru the doctor and it finally worked. It was my 4th time trying it, eventually it worked.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The battery removal did the trick.