Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    I'm having the same problems. The phone has become very sluggish since I updated uberkernal. It doesn't seem to matter if I am running it at 1GHZ or 800 MHZ.

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    Kinda saw the same, so, I created a 250mhz/1Ghz screenstate, and, that seems to be very stable for me, after I rebooted the phone with that new screenstate active.

AT&T Palm Pre Plus, from May/2010.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Just wanted to throw in a suggestion, I don't even know if this actually helps but it worked for me.. Before the 1ghz came out on UK, I was running f105, I must say, it was blazing flawlessly.. Until UK 1ghz came out, I switched back to UK.. Using 1ghz/500 ST, it is blazing like f105, although with some lags.. I decided to turn compcache on and upped it to 24.. And now it's blazing flawlessly, just like f105..

I'm no alpha tester but I like to play around sometimes..
    Oh!...I just turned Compache to 32 and i noticed some speed improvement (reduced lag). I use to have it at 16 and im a heavy user.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Eh, yup. 1ghz is nice.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    1 ghz stable for me for a few days now, but WOW, my battery drain has doubled. I'm hoping it just needs to be recalibrated as it stayed up and connected to the carrier at 0% for about 4 hours. 800 may be a happy medium for me.
    Last edited by tayl428; 08/28/2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Sanyo 8100 => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Pre (all on Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    1 ghz stable for me, but WOW, my battery drain has doubled. I'm hoping it just needs to be recalibrated as it stayed up and connected to the carrier at 0% for about 4 hours.
    Same here! Its fast but so is my battery drain. I'm thinking of going back to 800mhz.
    Hi all. First of all, wow. 1Ghz is FAST. I'm loving it - especially appreciating the improved camera performance.
    I just noticed one issue, and was wondering if anyone else had this happen.
    It seems that the thing the triggers the switch from 500Mhz to 1Ghz when the screen is off to when it is on, is by sliding the unlock circle on the screen. I realzied this when I had Govnah open, and my phone charging. I wasn't using my phone for a min, and the screen turned of. So I pick up my pre, press the power button, and since it is charging, it comes on with no lock icon to slide. Then I noticed that it didn't upscale to 1Ghz, it stayed at 500Mhz. So I unplugged the phone, turned off the screen, then unlocked it, and sure enough, it went to 1Ghz.
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    1 ghz stable for me, but WOW, my battery drain has doubled. I'm hoping it just needs to be recalibrated as it stayed up and connected to the carrier at 0% for about 4 hours.
    Yeah, my battery drain is really high now... though it was pretty bad at 800mhz as well. Such is the price you pay for speed....
    How do I enable compressed swap? I have my mine set at zero, max at 16 but no matter what I try to set the min to and apply settings, its always "disabled"
    NICE! ShenDuHBK - in the advanced properties, where it says swap or compache enabled... change that 0 to a 1. It's a binary switch. 0= false or off, 1= true or on. The other number (default is 16384) is the size of your swap "partition".

I get close to 24 hours on my phone, mainly because I don't do a whole lot of stuff on it. I would expect serviceable up times using 1k/500 screenstate so I'm gonna give it a whirl. I leave it on my TS at home, and I can charge in the car so battery life isn't an issue at this time (even using the stock battery)
    I've also noticed the strange unresponsive times with UK, and the rare lagginess. I just made the switch to SR71 and it's f'ing amazing, but the heat and battery drain are too much for me, even with the voltage lowered significantly. I'll probably go back to warthog or F105.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShenDuHBK;2p631621
    How do I enable compressed swap? I have my mine set at zero, max at 16 but no matter what I try to set the min to and apply settings, its always "disabled"
    Tap on the current profile > then tap advanced settings > tap Compressed swap, and choose the memlimit. Finally set enabled to true and tap Apply settings. Done!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Well, 7 hours in and only 30% down on my battery. I've also been playing more with it, so this result is a bit more usage than I can expect. I'm running 1k/500. No glitches yet, but I've only been running for 7 hours. I've also added mode switcher, so that could be a factor in my quicker than normal battery drain. Looks good so far. I'll still probably be able to go 20 hours or so without a charge (like my phone is ever away from a charger for more than 14 hours).
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    I'm having the same problems. The phone has become very sluggish since I updated uberkernal. It doesn't seem to matter if I am running it at 1GHZ or 800 MHZ.

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling seemed to fix the problem for me.
    Can someone help me out. I've been tryi g for the past few days to figure this out and can't for the life of me get govnah/uberkernal working. I have downloaded and updated to the newest versions of gov and uk. When I go into gov and try and select fixed 800, which is what I always use, it will say profile unknown in the main screen of the app, and the highest it will go is 600 MHz under frequency. This happens with any profile I try and use over 600 MHz. If I go into advanced setting and try and set min max or set speed, the highest selection available is 600. I've read all the threads and wikis and can't seem to find the answer. Does anybody have any idea how I can get my darn phone over clocked??? I'm sure it's something fairly simple, I just can't figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Can someone help me out. I've been tryi g for the past few days to figure this out and can't for the life of me get govnah/uberkernal working. I have downloaded and updated to the newest versions of gov and uk. When I go into gov and try and select fixed 800, which is what I always use, it will say profile unknown in the main screen of the app, and the highest it will go is 600 MHz under frequency. This happens with any profile I try and use over 600 MHz. If I go into advanced setting and try and set min max or set speed, the highest selection available is 600. I've read all the threads and wikis and can't seem to find the answer. Does anybody have any idea how I can get my darn phone over clocked??? I'm sure it's something fairly simple, I just can't figure it out.
    Uberkernel isn't installed properly. Uninstall uber
    Run the recovery kernel
    Reinstall uber
    Make sure you restart after each step.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Uberkernel isn't installed properly. Uninstall uber
    Run the recovery kernel
    Reinstall uber
    Make sure you restart after each step.

Pip
    Thanks, I'm trying that now
    Just finished reinstalling and it seemed to have done the trick. Thanks again.
    Thanks for this kernel, it's the first thing I've actually done to my Pre. Work was nice enough to give me one to play with and in stock form i found it to be kind of lacking in the speed department (my other phone is an HTC Incredible with froyo and an overclock kernel) but this kernel really livened the device up quite a bit.
    Hey guys, I'm wondering to see why UK 1GHz drains battery a little more than F105? Especially when in use.. Rod explained that there's only one difference between UK and f105.. Therefore, in general, UK shouldn't drain battery any more than f105 does?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Basically, the only difference between the two is that UberKernel gives a TMC when both RAM and Swap are exhausted, whereas F105 has TMC handling completely disabled (so your kernel will crash when it runs out of RAM and Swap and you keep opening new cards).

-- Rod
    Last edited by GridIron21; 08/29/2010 at 05:30 PM.