Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Marco is currently working on an additional override parameter for that, and we're considering possibly removing the down-clocking on charging (which only operates in screenstate mode) altogether in a future kernel version, now that we have the temperature limiter (which operates at a deeper level, independent of the govnernor selected).

See line 89 in git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/blob - overclocking/600-720-800-1000-min-opp5.patch

-- Rod

Thank you much kind sir... looks like I'm sticking with a kernel I can change the voltage on. My Chuck Norris pre likes a little less than that.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Thank you much kind sir... looks like I'm sticking with a kernel I can change the voltage on. My Chuck Norris pre likes a little less than that.
    Yes, we have the voltage modification code in UberKernel set to read-only at the moment while we sort out the best user interface for changing it in Govnah, and perhaps put some more safety limits on it (however the existing Govnah unclean shutdown fail-safe should stop any reboot loops).

We expect lots of alpha testers will continue to use kernels from the experimental feed and help feed the values back that we can use to optimise UberKernel for the general public.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Finally got the update to show...had to reboot...All hail WebOS Internals, you are gods indeed!!!
    updated today. WOW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    updated today. WOW!!!
    Hey does this work for the palm pixi plus? Plz reply, I have been waiting or the 1.4.5 upgrade for verizon Wierless.
    Hi Rod,
    Great update. I'm running at 1GHz and the phone seems to be running slightly hotter than when I was at 800. One thing I've noticed is that the temp sensor in Govnah seems to be a bit more variable than in previous versions. The temperature likes to vary within a 3-4 degree range and jumps up and down (the temp plot in govnah looks more like an oscillating wave plot than nice, smooth trend lines). Did anything change with the way the software reads from the temp sensor, or am I just making things up?

Just to clarify, I'm not saying this is a problem, I'm just noticing a subtle change.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachkon View Post
    Hey does this work for the palm pixi plus? Plz reply, I have been waiting or the 1.4.5 upgrade for verizon Wierless.
    UberKernel supports the Pixi, but there is no overclocking above 600MHz available for the processor used in the Pixi.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by oobernuber View Post
    Hi Rod,
    Great update. I'm running at 1GHz and the phone seems to be running slightly hotter than when I was at 800. One thing I've noticed is that the temp sensor in Govnah seems to be a bit more variable than in previous versions. The temperature likes to vary within a 3-4 degree range and jumps up and down (the temp plot in govnah looks more like an oscillating wave plot than nice, smooth trend lines). Did anything change with the way the software reads from the temp sensor, or am I just making things up?

Just to clarify, I'm not saying this is a problem, I'm just noticing a subtle change.
    We haven't changed anything in that area.

-- Rod
    Can I run 1ghz with mobile hotspot for a few hours with the phone on the charger? Before I had to go back to 500 so the phone wouldn't get to hot. I use hotspot daily and I wanted to know if it would be fine overclocked.
    --Marvin
    yeah me to batt life does seem better and for some reason my temp is alot cooler.. Nice work guys

Quote Originally Posted by callen10 View Post
    my battery has been much better after updating and using 500/1000. Usually at this time i am down to 30% and instead I am currently at 53%.
    Can I safely assume that UK doesn't have voltage settings like the testing kernels?
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Can I safely assume that UK doesn't have voltage settings like the testing kernels?
    They are read-only at the moment for UberKernel. If you want to tinker with voltage settings, stick with the experimental kernels for the moment ...

-- Rod
    They are read-only at the moment for UberKernel. If you want to tinker with voltage settings, stick with the experimental kernels for the moment ...

-- Rod
    Thanks, I'm still testing my best voltages looking for the best battery life
    It's gonna be a bit hard to implement voltage tweaking in govnah for UK since it's a "Safe" kernel.

Excellent work, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Can I run 1ghz with mobile hotspot for a few hours with the phone on the charger? Before I had to go back to 500 so the phone wouldn't get to hot. I use hotspot daily and I wanted to know if it would be fine overclocked.
    Wouldn't being on the charger (Touchstone) make it run at 500 so if you have hotspot running, it won't matter because its not really overclocked.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Wouldn't being on the charger (Touchstone) make it run at 500 so if you have hotspot running, it won't matter because its not really overclocked.
    Not if you have created a custom performance profile with 1GHz as the max and min frequency. I am looking at mine on the TS right now at 1GHz. I suppose it could be erroneously reporting 1GHz but it didn't earlier when I was running screenstate 500/1000.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    i wish my pixi could do this, such slow poke!
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Not if you have created a custom performance profile with 1GHz as the max and min frequency. I am looking at mine on the TS right now at 1GHz. I suppose it could be erroneously reporting 1GHz but it didn't earlier when I was running screenstate 500/1000.
    That is correct. The charger down-clock only happens when using the screenstate governor. The temperature limiter operates irrespective of governor choice.

-- Rod
    That is correct. The charger down-clock only happens when using the screenstate governor. The temperature limiter operates irrespective of governor choice.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the confirmation Rod. I figured Govnah was telling the truth.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I'm getting glitches galore like Zsa Zsa Gabor with the 1 GHz / 500 mHz overclock fun time. I think I will put it back to 800 mHz. That was definitely the most smooth and reliable. Is anyone else having problems with this 1 gig overclock?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    works like a charm....battery life seems better too.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast