Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Aside from the fact that UK waits to apply the sticky profiles from Govnah after it has successfully finished booting, are there any differences currently between F105 and UK using the 1000/500 screenstate governor? Would one be expected to outperform the other, either in terms of speed or battery life?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    As you would expect, the sun javascript spider benchmark runs blazingly fast on the overclocked CPU:

1Ghz

800Mhz

500Mhz (Palm stock)

I'm very pleased with the CPU performance. Combined with the patch to take the drag radius from 25px to 10px, my phone is noticeably more responsive than stock settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by walterd View Post
    I upgraded both, yet when I attempt to click on the 500/1000 screenstate, it automatically jumps to 500/800. What's the problem? Am I missing something?
    I had the same issue. I resolved it by removing UberKernel, restarting the phone and then re-installing it.

No fuss, no muss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Is this more stable than the F105 Thunderbird? I love my Thunderbird. Just want to make sure before i make the switch. I know they are both "risky", i dont care about that part. Im more concerned about stability.
    Jason, I was thinking the same thing. You may have been running the F105 kernel longer then me, but for some reason I was having unexplained Gmail delivery problems since I installed it. I was researching the issue when I saw that Uber now has a stable 1ghz option, I jumped on it. For some reason, I assume that anything in the testing feeds, is more "risky" and less stable than anything released as "stable" and in a non testing feed for "consumer" use.

I could be wrong though.

THANKS to all the devs of internals. I will be visiting paypal soon.
    You guys at webOS Internals kick a##, thanks, will hit paypal and donate.
    Thanks for the snappy speed, will be donating next week!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    We can neither confirm nor deny that Uber1G makes yellow angry birds go straight through boulders ...

Yeah, you and the CIA ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    JJeffcoat;
    Is there any harm in leaving it at 1 gHz all the time? Does it reduce the battery life?

RL;
    Look at it like this.. If you drive a car a lot, would you use more gas.
    Horrible analogy. Read this.

LessWatts.org - Saving Power on Intel systems with Linux
    For anyone having problems with the Gonvnah switching from 1k to 800 on you, do you have Mode Switcher installed? If so, do you have Govnah setup for a profile?

I only ask because when I installed Mode Switcher yesterday for te first time my wifi happened to be turned off and I hadn't realized it. No matter how many times I tried to manually turn on wifi it always turned itself back off. It took me a while to realize I needed to change my settings in Mode Switcher.

Hopefully this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Horrible analogy. Read this.

[url= - Saving Power on Intel systems with Linux[/url]
    ...i keep reminding everyone...google "race to idle"...

I hae better battery life on performance 1g...jus my observation, not scientific tests...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Oh....my....goodness.....this is amazing. I'm roaming the virtual streets waiting to drag race an unsuspecting droid...or droid 2 even :-) So happy about this!
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    JJeffcoat;
    Is there any harm in leaving it at 1 gHz all the time? Does it reduce the battery life?

RL;
    Look at it like this.. If you drive a car a lot, would you use more gas.
    harm: less life expectancy of cpu, palm set it at 500 to be extra, extra safe....tryin to get atleast are years for a large majority of cpu, since everyone is different....

battery life: with uberk I percieve increasingly good battery life as overclocking has progressed at performance fixed @ 720, 800, or 1g...
    Last edited by jhodnettejr; 08/26/2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spell
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  13. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    As you would expect, the sun javascript spider benchmark runs blazingly fast on the overclocked CPU:

1Ghz

800Mhz

500Mhz (Palm stock)

I'm very pleased with the CPU performance. Combined with the patch to take the drag radius from 25px to 10px, my phone is noticeably more responsive than stock settings.
    It looks like you linked the stock pre benchmark to the 1GHz link. I ran 11.4 seconds at 1GHz and 14.4 seconds at 800MHz.
    my battery has been much better after updating and using 500/1000. Usually at this time i am down to 30% and instead I am currently at 53%.
    Moto Razr>>BlackBerry 8703e>>Moto Q>>Blackberry Curve 8330>>Blackberry Storm>>Palm Pre +
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Awesome work guys!!! You make a good thing even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    harm: less life expectancy of cpu, palm set it at 500 to be extra, extra safe....tryin to get atleast are years for a large majority of cpu, since everyone is different....
    Sounds like maybe going down to 500 mHz at night may be a good idea? I could do that very easily with Mode Switcher.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    You guys (WebOS Internals) rock! I've just hit the donate button, thanks for the great work!
    Is there a possibility someone could either tell me, or link the thread if this has already been discussed, but how would you set a custom profile to run at 1ghz solid?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Just donated! Thanks guys you make this phone awesome!
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitbiker View Post
    Hi Rod,

Thanks for your hard work on this, a donation has been sent. I was curious if you have considered adding a parameter to the screen state governor which enables/disables the 500Mhz while charging feature. I use the phone on a touchstone mounted in the car typicallly using Internet radio/Sprint Nav/BFGMaps and the phone runs like a dog. I may have to wait 3-5 seconds for a gesture to register. Given that the temp governor will kick in if it gets too hot, I don't see the need to hard code it to 500Mhz while charging.

Thanks again!
    Marco is currently working on an additional override parameter for that, and we're considering possibly removing the down-clocking on charging (which only operates in screenstate mode) altogether in a future kernel version, now that we have the temperature limiter (which operates at a deeper level, independent of the govnernor selected).

Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Hey Rod,

Can we maybe get a hint as to what the 1ghz voltage is in this UK? I'm currently running Warthog at 58 and I had F105 at that voltage too. If it's not too big of a jump I'd run it just for the stability. UK just seems to run the smoothest on my phone.
    See line 89 in git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/blob - overclocking/600-720-800-1000-min-opp5.patch

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast