Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 248
  1. #41  
    AWESOME! Thanks guys, I went to preware (like I normally do everyday) and saw the two updates. Read them, and got extremely excited to see th 1ghz. Keep up the good work guys (gals)!
  2. #42  
    I have been using the Screenstate 500/1000 setting and it seems to run slower now. When I check the settings on Govnah, it shows the frequency at 500 mHz even though it is on the 500/1000 setting.

    If I change it to a different setting and back to 500/1000 it switches to 1 gHz for about 30 seconds and then drops right back to 500 mHz. And I can tell it's only running at 500 due to the slower performance.

    Shouldn't it be showing 1 gHz if the screen is on? I'm confused as to what is going on... so far I'm getting vastly better performance using the 800 Fixed Speed.

    Edit:
    Should this be posted here, or on the Govnah thread?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  3. #43  
    Anyone who can't find it... just go to the pull down menu in Preware and update your feeds...
  4. srdoyle's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #44  
    Smokin NICE!!!! Just donated too
  5. kld2009's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #45  
    My Pre has wings!
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We can neither confirm nor deny that Uber1G makes yellow angry birds go straight through boulders ...
    All the more reason to use Uber1G...
    Donation sent!

    Thank you! Thank you!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We can neither confirm nor deny that Uber1G makes yellow angry birds go straight through boulders ...

    -- Rod (on behalf of the WebOS Internals kernel team)
    Ohhhh.... you realize I did go and try this....
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  8. #48  
    Question about this (and I suppose patches too).. If AT&T ever gets 1.4.5 will I have to doctor my pre before updating? (IE to undo kernel changes as well as patches..?)
  9. #49  
    Also, is it recommended to stick with the offscreen state of 500 Mhz instead of 250?
  10. #50  
    Hi Rod,

    Thanks for your hard work on this, a donation has been sent. I was curious if you have considered adding a parameter to the screen state governor which enables/disables the 500Mhz while charging feature. I use the phone on a touchstone mounted in the car typicallly using Internet radio/Sprint Nav/BFGMaps and the phone runs like a dog. I may have to wait 3-5 seconds for a gesture to register. Given that the temp governor will kick in if it gets too hot, I don't see the need to hard code it to 500Mhz while charging.

    Thanks again!
  11. #51  
    I upgraded both, yet when I attempt to click on the 500/1000 screenstate, it automatically jumps to 500/800. What's the problem? Am I missing something?
  12. neve's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #52  
    do I need to uninstall UK800 and Gov, or can I really just hit 'update?' any preferred order, I.e. Gov then UK?

    thanks!!
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have been using the Screenstate 500/1000 setting and it seems to run slower now. When I check the settings on Govnah, it shows the frequency at 500 mHz even though it is on the 500/1000 setting.

    If I change it to a different setting and back to 500/1000 it switches to 1 gHz for about 30 seconds and then drops right back to 500 mHz. And I can tell it's only running at 500 due to the slower performance.

    Shouldn't it be showing 1 gHz if the screen is on? I'm confused as to what is going on... so far I'm getting vastly better performance using the 800 Fixed Speed.

    Edit:
    Should this be posted here, or on the Govnah thread?
    forget screenstate...just fix at 1g...if your pre gets hot the temp will clock it down to 500...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  14. #54  
    when I installed this a while back from testing feeds I had to remove uk800mhz first for it to apply right. Also I made sure I had the current vs of govnah, hope this helps.
  15. #55  
    Zoom Zoom!

    donation sent
    Moto Razr>>BlackBerry 8703e>>Moto Q>>Blackberry Curve 8330>>Blackberry Storm>>Palm Pre +
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    forget screenstate...just fix at 1g...if your pre gets hot the temp will clock it down to 500...
    Don't see an option for fixed at 1g - my choices are:

    Screenstate 500/1000
    Screenstate 500/800
    Fixed speed 800
    Fixed speed 720
    Fixed speed 600
    Uberkernal Dafault
    Palm Default

    So far Fixed Speed 800 is giving me the best results -- every time I try the 500/1000 or 500/800 it goes up to the higher setting for just a few seconds and then drops right back to 500.

    Edit: I updated both Uberkernal & GOvnah this morning, so I have the most current version of both.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  17. 12gage's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #57  
    are there still TMC errors like older uber's?
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Don't see an option for fixed at 1g - my choices are:
    You can create and save your own custom profile by editing the advanced settings.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    You can create and save your own custom profile by editing the advanced settings.
    All right, I figured t out. Awesome! 1 G = smokin'! Even Google Maps is loading faster now.

    Is there any harm in leaving it at 1 gHz all the time? Does it reduce the battery life?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  20. #60  
    Hey Rod,

    Can we maybe get a hint as to what the 1ghz voltage is in this UK? I'm currently running Warthog at 58 and I had F105 at that voltage too. If it's not too big of a jump I'd run it just for the stability. UK just seems to run the smoothest on my phone.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions