Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I've been running @ 1GHz for a while and so far so good.... no issues. I've read quite a bit on different settings but still have a question. It was released, either today or yesterday and I noticed in the Govnah that the option was screenstate 1GHz/500. I've been running at 1Ghz/250. Is there any benefit to upping the lower setting to 500? Again no problems for me with the 250, but just wondering why it is set at that level.

Jason Black: I've never tried the F105 but I haven't had any sort of crash/freeze due to the UK 1Ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Is this more stable than the F105 Thunderbird? I love my Thunderbird. Just want to make sure before i make the switch. I know they are both "risky", i dont care about that part. Im more concerned about stability.
    uberk IS the best enhancements worked out with all the other testing kernels (sr71, f105 Etc) put into a stable consumer package. It's inherently more stable. I only mess with the 'stable' uberk test kernel personally, but still follow the testing kernel threads for visions into the future...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    WOW! Who needs a new phone when you guys make the current one rock! At this rate I can wait for quite awhile!
    Is this more stable than the F105 Thunderbird? I love my Thunderbird. Just want to make sure before i make the switch. I know they are both "risky", i dont care about that part. Im more concerned about stability.
    Yep, any kernel that is upgraded to Preware - has to be confirm to be stable by Webos Internals.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I tried UK @ 1GHz out of the testing feed and I had problems. I'm sticking with F105. thorne
    just set to performance 1ghz constant. It is running flawlessly.. Awesome work rod!!
    Great work once again... downloading updates now.

One question, if set to 1GHz performance constant does the freq still drop to 500MHz when charging? Or is that only on the screenstate setting?
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    just set to performance 1ghz constant. It is running flawlessly.. Awesome work rod!!
    Note that Uber1G is the end result of the work of quite a few kernel developers in the WebOS Internals team, and the many alpha testers that have given feedback on all the experimental and stable kernel streams.

-- Rod
    Couldn't have happened at a better time. Installed the warthog kernrel last night. Unfortunately it messed up my pre pretty bad. When I restarted the phone it just froze and wouldn't do anything. Had to run webos doctor to fix it. Starting all over now. Oh well, just glad it's working again.
    Happy to hear this news. Think I'll stay away from the the testing feeds for now. Uberkenel is the way to go.
    Sweeet!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that Uber1G is the end result of the work of quite a few kernel developers in the WebOS Internals team, and the many alpha testers that have given feedback on all the experimental and stable kernel streams.

-- Rod
    Time to donate again.... it has been a while. Sorry for the gap.

Great work folks!
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Can anyone comment on noticeable differences between this and f102a (800mhz)?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    just updated going to try screen state 1000/500 hope its just as good and does the fail safe for the temp in this update

thanks in advance
    I can not confirm or deny whether I've engaged in activity that could void my warranty. I can, however, confirm that all of a sudden my apps are opening in an instant and downloads are occurring in the blink of an eye.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhuggins View Post
    just updated going to try screen state 1000/500 hope its just as good and does the fail safe for the temp in this update
    The temperature limiter functionality is built deep into the kernel core, and operates irrespective of which governor is chosen. In fact, it will operate even if Govnah is not installed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks for all the hard work you guys have done making the pre so awesome. I love tinkering with it making it better than my friends droid phones :-)
    weird, new kernel and Govnah didnt show up a Updates in Preware, but they showed up under available applications. Any ideas why? Thanks really make the Palm Pre Plus feel like an awesome phone!

Also when I tape on the new kernel it has install button at bottom and no update and when I tap install it errors out. (also the same with govnah)

+++++1 for Emergency Reconstruction Utility - That fixed my problem, Thanks Web Internals
    Last edited by slydog43; 08/26/2010 at 12:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Promoman89 View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work you guys have done making the pre so awesome. I love tinkering with it making it better than my friends droid phones :-)
    Agreed. I was getting quite interested on Android until I discovered Preware. You made my "old" phone awesome all over again. I've been running Uber at 1GHz/250MHz for about 3 weeks now and it's been solid. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Just updated govnah and uk. When I select screenstate 500/1000 it doesn't change. It stays at 500/800. Anyone else have this problems or idea's as to why I can't get it to switch?

Thanks
    do a full reboot then try again.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast