Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Might not be necessary, but after kernel installs or removal, I do a battery pull, hold power button for 5 sec, replace battery and boot up. I think this was what Marco (unixpsycho) suggested.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Might not be necessary, but after kernel installs or removal, I do a battery pull, hold power button for 5 sec, replace battery and boot up. I think this was what Marco (unixpsycho) suggested.
    If you're coming from one of my test kernels then yes, shutdown gracefully and pull the battery... save yourself the headache. I use unorthodox OPP slots and i'm sure I am upsetting the Pre in major ways. I know it sounds placebo-ish... i'm no CPU engineer, I only supported CPU engineer's UNIX systems... rwhitby actually made CPUs.
    Live free or DIE!
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    If you're coming from one of my test kernels then yes, shutdown gracefully and pull the battery... save yourself the headache. I use unorthodox OPP slots and i'm sure I am upsetting the Pre in major ways. I know it sounds placebo-ish... i'm no CPU engineer, I only supported CPU engineer's UNIX systems... rwhitby actually made CPUs.
    Well, I only designed/architected cache controllers, display controllers and networking chips like the Freescale MPC8568E PowerQuicc III Network Processor - I didn't actually do any CPU cores as such.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A Luna Restart is not the same as a Device Reboot. You need a full device reboot to make a new kernel active, a luna restart is insufficient.

This confusion between luna restart and device reboot is the leading cause of reported issues with UberKernel which just happen to go away the next time the person actually does do a full device reboot.

-- Rod

I apoligize about that. I made the mistake of calling it a Luna. You are absolutely correct. I performed device reboots, when I installed the Chief, uninstalled,and finally when I installed UK successfully.
    Have got to stop making that mistake.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    FYI folks! Update to UK (ver 1.4.x-113) in preware now - adjustment to 1GHz voltage to improve batt life and USB compatiblity with xbox. Just a heads up...

Thank you very much webOS Internals folks!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    FYI folks! Update to UK (ver 1.4.x-113) in preware now - adjustment to 1GHz voltage to improve batt life and USB compatiblity with xbox. Just a heads up...

Thank you very much webOS Internals folks!!!
    It's in the kernel testing feed only, and the changelog is in the main UberKernel thread.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's in the kernel testing feed only, and the changelog is in the main UberKernel thread.

-- Rod
    +1

I'm thoroughly enjoying this new updated testing kernel and Govnah.

If this is how it were to stay, I would be a more than satisfied Over Clocker.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Just tried the USB mass storage on the Xbox 360, works great but I was wondering if anyone actually configured their Pre through the 360 to be able to transfer game demos, videos and such. I know this function erases everything but I am still questioning the outcome, anyone willing to doctor?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213